“First class hotel”

H10 Estepona Palace
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Estepona
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were a bit wary of booking this hotel as reviews were mixed. However, we were absolutely delighted with it! The hotel is very clean, modern and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. We booked a sea view room which was worth doing as the views were lovely, as was the room and bathroom - very clean and modern. We booked half board and were glad we did, the buffets for breakfast and dinner surpassed our expectations - the food was wonderful and plentiful. All in all we had a great four days in the Estepona Palace Hotel and would gladly go back again.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard room and definitely go for one with a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gogri
H10EsteponaPalace1, Asistant Manager at H10 Estepona Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We are happy to read about your great for day in the hotel, it is our mission to accomplish.

We would gladly welcome you back

There are newer reviews for H10 Estepona Palace

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked a standard room after looking at the publicity of the hotel and reading the reviews. However when we checked in to our standard room on 04/02/13 we soon realised we had a very Sub-Standard view from our room.We had a view of a shipping container and plenty of rubbish and rubble on the adjoining plot rather than a restricted sea view, mainly overlooking gardens that we were promised. In the end we decided to change rooms by upgrading to one of their sea-view rooms at about £100 extra for the week.

Our stay at the hotel from then on was a positive one with good food and a reasonably quiet hotel. However the swimming pools were closed and the only access to the indoor heated swimming pool was by paying £15 for two hours for their pool and therapy sessions.

We also had to cope with five football teams from different parts of Europe which were on a training week. Getting ahead of the teams at dinner was essential!

Room Tip: Book a sea-view room and try to negotiate through an agent for a good rate.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Globalc

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We have to apologize for the neighbors land that you can see from those rooms if you look down and to not being able to communicate properly that the pools on those days are open when customers ask for it (in the established schedule). And of course, the spa treatment pool is for treatments, that is why of the extra cost.

Anyhow, it will make us happy to see you visiting us once again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I visited this Hotel with a group of Ladies for a Birthday weekend.
Generally we were very happy with the service (apart from a waitress serving drinks/Food on the Terrace- she was quite rude as we were sorting out paying the bill and spoke quite rudely in Spanish to get a move on she hadn't got all day, not knowing 2 of our party spoke Spanish) The food was excellent and the welcome glass of Cava upon check in and at Dinner was appreciated.
(Close to Valentines Weekend) The bed rooms were comfortable and the views across to Gib and Africa Stunning. My only issue with the Hotel is the Bathrooms.. I slipped getting out of the bath and bruised my leg quite badly; my friend also did the same getting into the Bath in her room. We decided to take the matter to the Manager and he apologised and said this was an isolated incident. The Hotel does not have an accident book!
Having since discussed my weekend away with a friend who stayed in H10 the previous week to ours, she also fell into the bath and badly bruised her leg. However, she did not report her incident...Seems to be a pattern here.
This is obviously and H&S issue, if you do stay here, take EXTRA care getting in and out of the bath..

Room Tip: Any Sea facing Room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GibraltarMissy

Thank you for sharing you experience.

We are glad to know that besides 2 matters, you had an overall good stay.

We take note of your customer of the waitress from the terrace, so we can make further training on customer relations. Sorry to know you incident with the bath, bath with handles and anti-slippery stripes in the bath body to avoid accidental falling. If you found to slippery the bath we also have at disposal bath mats, but unfortunately we did not know about how slippery you found the bath before falling.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

H10 Estapona Palace

Generally a very pleasant hotel, with good size family rooms, great views from the balcony of Gibraltar and North Africa, very clean, generally friendly staff and the food is of an ok standard for buffet eating.

Holidaying with my two daughters aged 12 And 9 for the half term February holiday, the outside pool is officially closed, however if you ask at reception they will open it, but as it is unheated and at 14 degrees C is too cold for swimming in. I had hopped that the indoor pool pictured on the web site would be an answer to this, only to be told upon checking in that this was a "Spa", chargeable and did not allow children under 16. I am pretty certain that this is not mentioned on the web site when showing pictures of the indoor pool.

Having used the exercise room next to the "Spa" I can confirm that looking through the window at the very nice pool heated to 32c, it is indeed a large empty room full of water, I would be surprised if its daily guests numbered double digits.

This hotel is half full, with the guests either elderly and unlikely "Spa" goers or families with young children, the hotel has got this policy so wrong as to be unbelievable.

When questioned about this, the Reception staff blame the "Spa" staff and vice versa.

So generally, not family friendly, and if you have kids forget it for a winter break, as they can't swim anywhere without getting hyperthermia.

Room Tip: Summer great I would think, but winter..... Hmmm !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing you experience.

We are glad to know that in general it was a good stay, this is what we always try to achieve.

True, we do not have an indoor swimming pool, it is a Spa Treatment swimming pool which we advertize that way.

We do not let children get in this treatment pool, as we think it can be harmful for their health, we are sorry that you disagree with this. Being this the only reason you think it is not family friendly.

Please visit us in a warmer time of the year, and you can experience yourself how family focused we are.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A great experience - this hotel is generally rated 4*, and we believe it deserves this rating very much. There was nothing to complain about. If one really searches for something bad, maybe the partially unstable internet connection and the tiring login procedure to use the same can be mentioned; but that appears to be a common problem in Spain, not limited to this hotel.

The breakfast + dinner buffet we found both appealing and varied, with good quality and always the option of freshly prepared food.The hotel is modern and very clean.
Our room had a nice view to the sea and was an ok size.
Parking in the garage is EUR 6.50 / night, outside (free) parking is very limited.
One should keep in mind that for individual travelers w/o own transport, the location may make this not the first choice - but if transport is not the issue, a very recommendable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kibofan

Thank you for sharing you experience.

We are happy to know you have nothing to complaint, which mean we have achieved our goal of customer satisfaction.

Be welcome to visit us once again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The H10 Estepona Palace is a really excellent hotel if you want peace and quiet and a little luxury. It's well worth the small extra price for a sea-view room - the views across the elegant grounds, round the bay to Gibraltar and, on a clear day, Morocco, are just fabulous.
The rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the bathroom is gorgeous although the arrangement of bath and shower might not suit the less able/mobile. The staff are very friendly and smiley and always willing to help wherever possible - very professional. The grounds are spacious and well-maintained and the Moorish design of the buildings adds to the ambience.
The thing that really stands out, however, is the food. Oh, where do I start? Breakfast with homemade smoothies, ham on the bone, eggs cooked to order, an array of delicious breads and cakes as well as all the usual hot and cold foods, and beautifully prepared fresh fruits? Lunch was nearly as good as the dinner but the dinner.....Oooh! Homemade soups, a huge range of salads and cold meats, including serrano ham; fish, including prawns, squid, even sushi; a range of high quality meat and fish to be grilled to order as well as the more usual hot dishes of meats and fish and creatively prepared vegetables, rice and pasta dishes; a large range of delicious puddings plus fresh fruit dishes and, if you're still peckish, a cheese-board with real (not processed) local cheeses - usually a choice of half a dozen. There are also occasional little dishes of beautifully prepared exotic delicacies on little Japanese-style plates - just little details that add to the impression that someone is really making an effort. And I don't feel I've done the menu justice with my description.
The only downside to the hotel, for me at least, was that it was a brisk half hour walk to the town of Estepona (which, to be honest, has little to offer) or about 20 minutes to the very pleasant marina, with nothing else in the way of cafes. bars or shops any nearer so it feels a little isolated. The nearest towns of Marbella and Puerto Banus are about a half hour drive away. But of course this is what makes the hotel so quiet and peaceful.
I would probably not return, purely because of the relative dullness of the area - but then, the thought of another week of idleness,comfort, relaxation and heavenly food might just tempt me!

Room Tip: High floor rooms obviously have the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank peregrine_10

Thank you for sharing you experience.

It is great to know you had a wonderful stay, meaning that we reach our goal.

Be welcome to visit us once again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked to stay here for 3 nights. On arrival the surly receptionist looked at me rather disdainfully (he hardly uttered a word to me), checked my booking and handed me over to a junior. I asked whether my room had a double bed ( I always book a double bed even if I am alone) and he confirmed that's what my booking said. Nobody offered to show me to my room and when I asked where the lift was, the first chap pointed and said 'over there'. My room turrned out to be pokey, with little light and with two small single beds. I went back to the reception and said that they had given me a room with two single beds. The first grumpy receptionist told me to take it or leave it as they didn't have a room with a double bed available. I said this wasn't acceptable and I would go to another hotel - to add insult to injury he made me pay for one night. When I asked for recommendations for another hotel, the back office staff were just as hostile (with the exception of one younger lady who tried to be helpful). I got into my hire car and drove further along the coast and found the Hotel Elba which was quite marvellous and had super staff. How on earth the H10 Estepona Palace ever got a 5 star rating is quite beyond me. The treatment I received was abysmal and I would urge anyone intending to stay there to have second thoughts before booking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Richard b

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing you experience. This will always help us to improve.

We apologize for not reaching your expectations, and also for the negative impression you had from us.

We do hope you visit in the future.