“Disgraceful service”

H10 Estepona Palace
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Estepona
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked to stay here for 3 nights. On arrival the surly receptionist looked at me rather disdainfully (he hardly uttered a word to me), checked my booking and handed me over to a junior. I asked whether my room had a double bed ( I always book a double bed even if I am alone) and he confirmed that's what my booking said. Nobody offered to show me to my room and when I asked where the lift was, the first chap pointed and said 'over there'. My room turrned out to be pokey, with little light and with two small single beds. I went back to the reception and said that they had given me a room with two single beds. The first grumpy receptionist told me to take it or leave it as they didn't have a room with a double bed available. I said this wasn't acceptable and I would go to another hotel - to add insult to injury he made me pay for one night. When I asked for recommendations for another hotel, the back office staff were just as hostile (with the exception of one younger lady who tried to be helpful). I got into my hire car and drove further along the coast and found the Hotel Elba which was quite marvellous and had super staff. How on earth the H10 Estepona Palace ever got a 5 star rating is quite beyond me. The treatment I received was abysmal and I would urge anyone intending to stay there to have second thoughts before booking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 362Richardb362
H10EsteponaPalace1, Asistant Manager at H10 Estepona Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing you experience. This will always help us to improve.

We apologize for not reaching your expectations, and also for the negative impression you had from us.

We do hope you visit in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed January 19, 2013

In fairness to the Hotel, we checked in without a reservation and only stayed one night so never saw or used their wide range of facilities. It was also a winter stay so did not use the beach or pools. The receptionist was very helpful in finding us a large sea view room at a competitive price, 80 Euros, including a large buffet breakfast for 2 people. It is a large hotel with spa facilities and free WiFi everywhere. Unfortunately, it was out of order except in the public areas on the ground floor on the morning we left. The a la carte restaurant was closed for the Winter but there is a buffet dinner and breakfast available. This had a wide selection but suffered as most buffets do from difficulty in keeping it all fresh and hot. There is a cook at dinner and breakfast cooking to order.

Would I stay again? Yes, for 1 night but I would be bored with the food quite quickly.

One negative was the bar which was "manned" by a lady who did not know how to make a martini cocktail that was on a limited cocktail menu..

Good value and probably more fun in the Summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crackerFrance

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing you experience.

We are glad that you feel and express that the hotel is a good value, and apologize for not reaching in some matters your expectations.

We will take in your comments, so we can improve in our service.

Please do visit us once again, but for more than one night.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent quality for the money we paid for it, and staff all very kind and helpful. Stayed there two nights. 5 Euros to take a cab to the harbour, or a 20 minuters walk. January is a quiet month, which means there's a lot of space in the hotell for you. We enjoyed the spa/pool all by ourselves for example. If you want to eat Indian food, we must recommend Mumbai Masala by the harbour. Superb food, and not expensive, excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cath572

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing you experience.

It make us happy to read of your excellent stay, we effort a lot to achieve this.

We wait for your next visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We've rested here the remaining 5 days, after all the money was spent in Kempinski).
A little worried that for such the money we will have a shabby hotel with poor rooms and breakfast. But were pleasantly surprised!
The hotel although not new, but with a nice little green area, acceptable rooms, nice pools with waterfalls.
We were given by a corner room with a nice view of the sea on a half board.
Simply furnished room, no frills, but light and airy.
Just great food, for this money I can say gorgeous! )
Seafood, cheeses, sausages, fruits, desserts ..... great choice!
We were having a glass of sparkling wine at the entrance every day....
Although you should know that drinks at dinner doesn't included in the cost of half board.
The beach is small but acceptable. By it you can walk to the center of Estepona (20 -25 minutes).

Overall, we liked the rest in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vladislav K
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Returned to uk on 28October having spent 1 week all inclusive at Estepona Palace. Really nice hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Good food with plenty of choice. Good selection of international brand drinks at the bar.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank Billjjones
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is too far to walk to town and costs about 6 euros in taxi there and back! There is no local bus available!! Only town to town buses pass by, but the buses don't stop! There is not much atmosphere in reception areas, not much going on re entertainment! No English ITV channels or BBC1 to entertain you in room. Just news channels SKY, CNN On first evening we went to dine at 7pm and 1st in dining room. I went to get salad for a starter, and was horrified to find hundreds of flies all over the beetroot salad, I told the staff who told the chef after quite a few minutes it was removed and replaced! This made me feel sick and I continuously watched out for flies on the food every time we dined This spoiled my experience of the hotel as a whole!!! The room however was lovely and had a gorgeous view of sea and Gibraltar in background. Would not be back as nothing to do except sunbathe, you're snookered if it rains! Would be bored stiff! No bars to walk to or shops to buy beer for room! No kettle in room just fridge to put room service items in!

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank bargainbeauty
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

we spend for a second time within 3 years a few days here at the end of the season. for 61€ a night we got a large, quiet seaview room with two large beds and a balcony. it seems that all rooms in the h10 are large if not huge and have sea view. and our price even included half board. breakfast and dinner buffet have an impressive size though the individual quality of the food is pretty limited. but hey, it is 61€ for two people and for this it is super good value for money. if i would stay here in high season for around 150€ a night i guess this place would just meet my expectations and i would complain slightly about the noisy restaurant, the exactly same food every day on the buffets and a few more minor things. wifi worked very well in the room by the way and the gentleman at the reception was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank rosasenkel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Estepona
Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa
Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa
Barcelo Marbella
Barcelo Marbella
#12 of 70 in Marbella

Been to H10 Estepona Palace? Share your experiences!