“Fab Place”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Estepona
Lincoln
“Fab Place”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been staying at Club Bena Vista for 7 years, just love the place. Now am a timeshare owner and don't regret it one bit.
The apartments are clean, everything in there you could wish for, for a home from home holiday. Plenty of bars, restaurants and shops nearby, with excellent bus service to Estepona, San Pedro, Puerto Banus and Marbella.
Just got back and even now discovering new places to visit and fab restaurants to eat in.
The staff are first class, nothing is too much bother.
Would recommend these apartments for a very restful and relaxing holiday.
By the way, the pool is lovely too, and only for people staying at Bena Vista.

Room Tip: The 2 bed penthouses are stunning, very spacious. The Garden Apartments are good too.
3 Thank DottyLincoln

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our first time at Bena Vista. The complex is like a little self contained village.
Loved the apartment, a TownHouse with a large lounge/dining room and kitchen downstairs, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs. The lounge has sliding doors leading to a Patio in a "walled garden" whilst the main Bedroom has a lovely Balcony.
Anna and Patricia on reception were both lovely and very helpful.
There is also no shortage of Restaurants within easy walking distance.
You would really need a car to get to the resort, and see the local sights. Puerto Banus, Marbella and Fuengirola to the East, and Estepona and Sabinillas to the West.

Room Tip: Not sure what other apartments are like, but our "Townhouse" was lovely
1 Thank chad94
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is our second visit here. Apartment was very spacious, clean and well-equipped. Our unit had obviously recently been refurbished. On two floors, we had two bedrooms, one with a balcony and ensuite, downstairs loo and TV showing British channels. We had private access to a small swimming pool and our own small garden. All the beds were singles and some mattresses were particularly hard. This is a fairly large resort that lacks a centre. There are good local bars and restaurants to visit alongside the main A7 but there is no resort bar or restaurant. Weather wasn't good so we visited several local towns with a rented car.

1 Thank SueL22
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The resort is lovely and I am having a wonderful time here, but the service at the front desk is deplorable!  I have owned my time share for 16 years and this is the worst I  have ever been treated at a resort in ANY COUNTRY and I am a world-traveller of 22 years duration!

Every time I call the reception desk, the response is rude, rushed, and inappropriate!

Upon my arrival, I called to inform the front desk that I was unable to enter the apartment using the keys that were given to me.  I was asked to give her the number on the key (which I did) and she barked "that's the right key!". I asked if she could send someone to open the door and sounding rather annoyed at my request called housekeeping to assist me.  I have spoken to several guest staying here since then and have found that almost everyone had trouble entering the apartment when they arrived and some are still having trouble.  She acted as if it was a matter of turning a key in a lock when it is not.  You have to turn the deadbolt to the left TWO times and then turn the door key a series of times and giggle the door a certain way and IF YOU ARE LUCKY it opens.

My next call was this morning. I was simply calling to inquire on what days of the week the Ronda by rail tour operated on as I had misplaced the book with the tiur information in it.  Before I could get out my question, she began to bark at me again, "we can't do anything for you over the phone!  You must come to the office and book the tour!  Where is your blue book?  It's in the room and it tells you all the your information!".   When she finally stopped yelling and took a breath, I calmly stated my simple question and then she informed me the tour departed in Thursday's only.

My last call was about 30 min ago.  I had one SIMPLE question, "where is the Crowne Plaza hotel located?".  I booked a tour with a local  tour company and pick up time is listed as 6:30am tomorrow at the Crowne plaza.  Once again, before I could even get my question out, she began yelling! "what tour is this?!, did you book it with us?!, Why are you calling here then?! Call the place where you booked the tour and ask them!".  When she finished her rant, I said, "you cant tell me where the Crowne plaza is?". She barked, "it's across the street!". I said thank you and hung up.

You would have a lovely time here as long as you NEVER call reception FOR ANYTHING THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE HERE! UNBELIEVEABLE!

1 Thank LEGNAYENREK
Rhode Island
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We were driving and decided to wing staying somewhere close to Malaga.
We didn't see any signs in town showing hotels and had not Internet service. Driving through town and say this. They a room with parking for two. 69 euro. It is very simple with no street appeal. But it was clean, water view, great a/c, water etc. if you happen to be on a budget or have other goals this is acceptable. Great location for the center of town and beach.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very clean, courteous office staff, great for families and not so good for singles. No air conditioning is a minus. There is more a brittish flare here, a lot of spanish second or more language folks. Small town kind of atmosphere

2 Thank karla2sassy2
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The area has plenty to offer. There are many nice places to eat, one of the best is the Robin Hood pub. It looks nothing from the front but it's lovely and the food is excellent. Lola's tapas bar is also great, and very cheap, meal including drink for under 10 euros. The sun gardens apartments are good, and also pelican park. The beach is ok if you walk to the right towards Villacana. It is a quiet area and not that many tourists, in August however the Spanish visit so it's busy then. I have been every year for the past 6years.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Greg187048
Also consider these accommodations in or near Estepona
Albayt Resort
#4 of 35 in Estepona
Ona Campanario
Ona Campanario
#11 of 27 in Mijas

Been to Ona Club Bena Vista? Share your experiences!