We were persuaded to buy a three night preview holiday at this resort at the Ideal Home Exhibition this year for £279 plus the cost of flights etc. We decided to book to be away for our second wedding anniversary and were really looking forward to five star beach resort luxury, as promised.
During telphone booking it was suggested that, as there was just the two of us, we might prefer B&B accommodation at the resort hotel " just across the road with its own fantastic facilities as well", which we accepted.
When we arrived the hotel was a Crowne Plaza right next to a dual carriageway on a sort of industrial estate. Nowhere near any beach. It was half closed and the facilities were three star, at best. The gym was unsafe. It was Sunday. We had no contact from Marriott other than a note in our room reminding us of our obligation to attend the presentation on Tuesday morning.
On Monday we followed a map and found the resort about 15 mins walk away. We showed our paperwork, but were turned away at the entrance by the security guard who said we needed a pass after the presentation on Tuesday.
To cut a long story short, on Tuesday we were shown around the five star beach resort and eventually spent three hours in the afternoon of our wedding anniversary, like refugees with a plastic bag of our hotel towel etc. The whole experience was DREADFUL and a total waste of our time and money. We feel conned into taking the time out to experience nothing short of the worst four days' holiday ever.
What have the 5* Marriott management team said in response to our carefully worded complaint on our return? I hear you ask!
Do they care that we took holiday time from work and a business, paid for flights, airport parking and other incidentals associated with being away from home to spend four awful days and three nights in a sort of business hotel beside a motorway and suffered the embarrassment of being turned away from the resort we had paid to visit? No they do not!
It is six weeks since we returned and no one at Marriott has taken our complaint seriously. We were tricked into paying to stay on a beach resort, but did not receive what we paid for. I think that our £279 should be refunded at the very least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott's Playa Andaluza invites you to a place of relaxation surrounded by lush beauty. Located in beautiful Malaga, Spain, alluring backdrops accompany yoru stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott's Playa Andaluza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Playa Andaluza Hotel Estepona
- Marriott Vacation Club Estepona
- Marriotts Hotel Estepona
- Marriott Estepona
- Estepona Marriott
- Marriott Playa Andaluza
- Marriott's Playa Andaluza Estepona, Spain - Costa Del Sol