“A great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sonora Beach

Sonora Beach
Ranked #101 of 463 Restaurants in Estepona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A great lunch!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We visited Sonora on recommendation from friends, at most certainly were not disappointed! If you're there for lunch you won't go wrong if you order one of their wraps! Be carefull though it's only open from April to Oct.

2 Thank PickledDan

London
“Very original beach bar open for occasional dinners”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We visited last week with my family. Family run chiringuito with a funky attitude and nice menu. We ate dinner, nice menu for a family and my daughter loved the burger. Definitely go back.

windsor
“Best Night of our Holiday!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Sonora Beach was recommended to us after we had remarked that Marbella and Puerto Banus beach bars were not only expensive but very quiet and lacking in atmosphere for high season. We were staying at the Marriott Andaluza plaza with teenagers and it was suggested that we check out the 'Full moon party and BBQ' on Thursday 2nd August at Sonora beach as it had live music and would be 'buzzing'. It was recommended we get a taxi there and pre-order one to pick us up after midnight but we decided to drive-big mistake as not only was it hard to find in the dark but there was no parking nearby. We ended up going to the next slip road and parking at a camping site on the other side of the carriageway.. We tried to walk back to the Urb Hacienda beach but the road was unlit and we decided it was too risky. We walked back to our car and luckily got in a taxi that was parked at the campsite. We paid 10 Euros to be taken a short distance to Urb Hacienda beach and then walked through the Urbanisation to the beach and the Sonora Beach bar.There was a brilliant live rock/soul band and the atmosphere was fantastic. The place was heaving with people-mostly young- late teens to twentys, but there were also older people there and everyone was having a great time. The party had spilled on to the beach. I heard that the restaurant is really good although we didn't eat there. The drinks were very reasonably priced. I saw an article about the place on line. We saw it in the dark -lit up with big orange lanterns but in the day it's an apparently brightly multicoloured version of Nikki beach but much more laid back with good food and a wild unspoiled beach.We highly recommend it if you want to go to an atmospheric venue and especially if you're young and looking for a change from Puerto Banus and Marbella that actually has soul. The taxi back to our car cost another 10 euros so much better to spend it on a taxi from Marbella and relax and enjoy a drink and the party.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SuzieQ62
Marbella, Spain
“Best place Ever”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am writing my reviews in English because I think that more people will be able to read them but my 1st language is Spanish. It will be very hard for me to express in English how facinated I am by Sonora Beach, and probably even in Spanish I wouldn’t be completely able.
As a chiringuito (in Andalucia, restaurant & bar in the beach) it have gone far beyond any possible improvement and evolution of the concept:

Apart many of the tradicional dishes of the chiringuitos (fry & plancha fish, sardines’ espetos, gaspacho, paella etc made perfectly wich unfortunaly is not something usual) the menu is a mixture of dishes so original and interesting that I could go there only for the food. The salads, the best burger of the coast, the excelent and perfectely made red meats, the unforgatable Salmorejo and the orgasmic dish where it is combined with potatoes, the magical deserts unbelivable in Andalucia and even more in a chiringuito, Just to say a few.
Pure eating plesure !!

The place is so beautiful, by the localisation in a fantastic little bay, but the decoration is such an accumulation of armony that now I can’t be comfortable anywhere else. All and everyone of the little details are surprising.
The best of the very best.

The place, the decoration, THE VIBES !!, the food, the atitude of all the people working there, the vine list, the coctails, THE MUSIC, the Sunday afternoon concerts, the romantic dinner, the not-so-romantic dinners when there is a party....and so many more thing imposible to describe
Any of those would be enough reason by itself to go, but all together it is just ORGASMIC. No other way to make a fair description.

I have been going since the begining and I am still surprise every time I go.
It is just to beautiful to be true.

Last day I was there, Sunday July 15, I had the infinite chance to be at the California Honey Drops concert. Since The first concert that I have seen in Sonora I haven’t gone to any other concert anywhere else. I am just not interested any more because I am not sure I could enjoy it any more. And in Sonora the concerts are free...And, by the way, the prices are so honest for everything: the food, the drinks, the sunbeds, the big sunbeds, the mojitos, the beers, the vines (from Vinacoteca La Cartuja), the wraps, the 1st class red meat, the alcholic and non alcoholics coctails...Everything !!

Even the dogs look particulary happy there.

It’s not only the best Chiringuito I have ever seen. For me, it is, simply, one of the most enjoyable place to be in the Whole World.

THANKS SONORA !!!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank PACOintheMOON
“Just a chirigito”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

It is a shame when you find little gems like this with great views of the sea on the beach a bit hippy ish but still nice and then the service and food let it down over priced I know people like to do versions of classics or an interpretation of a classic but they are classics for a reason sorry not for me

1 Thank Borntodin