Overall a nice week away, however, a few things were slightly below the standard I was expecting! The guests were mainly Spanish and as such all the entertainment was in SPanish, with only the odd words translated, the Mini club entertainers again all spanish with limited English so my son struggled to understand what was going on. The Mini CLub does not operate a "sign in" policy so the kids could come and go as they pleased, fine with a sensible 9 year old but whilst we were there a 5 year old girl was found wandering the hotel looking for Mum! (the kids club staff had not noticed this!) The food was lacking in variety and although plentiful, I was disappointed to see tinned vegetables. The usual malarky of having to bagsy sunbeds by 9am to secure one for the day! The staff were generally polite and friendly and certainly the bar staff had very good english but seemed to appreciate our efforts to order in our "pigeon Spanish" and helped whilst smiling! The entertainers were the biggest let down on this holiday! The stars of the week for me without a doubt were the cleaning staff, our room was cleaned to a really high standard daily and the communal areas were all well maintained. Overall a pleasant week but nothing to recommend it over any other holiday we have enjoyed! I think we were spoilt by our visit to the Hotel Holiday village Viva in Majorca - that place was amazing!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá present Hotel Sol Marbella Estepona - Atalaya Park is between Estepona and Marbella. Set within extensive gardens, offers 6 swimming pools and two 18-hole golf courses. Is set next to Atalaya Isdabe Beach, on the Costa del Sol. Rooms have a private balcony, with views of the mountains, gardens or pool. Sea views are available for an additional cost. All the rooms have air conditioning, a minibar and a safe. The complex has football, archery and volleyball facilities, free to all guests. There are 9 tennis courts, a gym, sauna and Turkish bath. In summer, the hotel also offers a watersports centre. Offers free public Wi-Fi access. There are 3 restaurants and 2 bars. The family entertainment programme includes shows and live music, and there are activities for children. The popular Puerto Banus is just 7 km away. Free private parking is possible on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Marbella Estepona Atalaya Park by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atalaya Park Golf Hotel Estepona
- Atalaya Park Resort
- Atalaya Park Hotel
- Sol Marbella Estepona Atalaya Park By Melia Spain - Costa Del Sol