The Kempinski is an excellent five star hotel. I booked a week there in a Deluxe Garden View room (that indeed had a 75% sea view anyway - work that out) and quite unusually I can think of very little to complain about. Indeed, the only comment I would make is that the swimming pools are very cold. Even the one pool that is (allegedly) heated to 26C feels uncomfortably cold to get into. They should address this. The other two pools at 21-24C are icy.
That gripe aside, the property is very well maintained, has lovely sea views and is very clean. I booked through hotels.com snagging a rate that was 40% lower than the best 'special' on the Kempinski website. The rate included breakfast and wifi and on arrival I discovered that valet parking was included too. at GBP185 a night, I think this represents good value.
Much has been said on this site about the breakfast at the Kempinski and it is largely true. It is a wonderful spread of pretty much anything you could possibly want. Nice touches are the fact that you can order a capuccino, latte, espresso at no extra cost rather than filter coffee. The breakfast is served until 11am and if you wished you could have 'brunch' and avoid the need for lunch.
The Pool Bar served good quality snacks and drinks, salads in the EUR15-20 range and sandwiches much the same. Portions were good. Service was mostly good. The grounds of the hotel are its strength - excellent quality sunbeds are available; there are wonderful views of Gibraltar and Morocco and you can walk for miles in each direction on the beach. As some have mentioned the beach is not the best, some large pebbles (think Brighton) but it certainly was not a problem for us. Nextdoor to the Kempinski and a short walk along the beach is the Laguna resort where there is a great selection of restaurants, shops, bars and a swimming pool where the cool people hang out.
The Kempinski spa is being refurbished but looked very nice, treatments eye wateringly expensive with a sports massage around 130 Euro as I recall.
All in all this is a very well run hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a good selection of multi lingual staff. Rooms are spacious and well appointed; the bathrooms are large and well fitted out.
I have stayed at other hotels in the area (Don Carlos, Los Monteros and Melia) and I would certainly rate this hotel above all of those. HIghly Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a short drive from Marbella, the Kempinski Hotel Bahia is a lavish, five-star property sitting within breathtaking subtropical gardens, and affords extraordinary views of the Mediterranean Sea, Gibraltar and African Coastline. The Kempinski Hotel Bahia has created a fresh and elegant look to its 128 spacious rooms and 17 luxurious suites. It boasts a host of fabulous restaurants and bars (some seasonal), Kempinski Spa with sauna and steam room, and excellent children's facilities, amongst other things. Situated near most Andalusian cities and a mere 45 min. Drive to Malaga International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Bahia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Resort Bahia Estepona
- Kempinski Hotel Bahia Estepona, Spain - Costa Del Sol