Very modern large hotel with many blocks. Located on edge of beach. Large grounds in hotel with volleyball court, tennis and paddle court. There are several pools and also a 'couples' pool which is away from main pools with some lounging cushions in addition to sunbeds. Hotel offered various activities including a sangria and gazpacho demonstration on several days and also had music on Saturday night.
Breakfast was fantastic, usual selection of continental range (pastries, meats and cheeses, fruit including fruit cocktail and cut fruit and also a selection of cakes). Hot food wide there was a choice of bacon, sausage, eggs, mushrooms, etc but also cooked to order omelettes and also pancakes with a wide selection of sauces). Selection of fruit juices and hot drinks as well as cava.
There was a restaurant which could be used at lunch or evening time and also a bar menu with around a dozen options which was cheaper than the buffet option of €30pp. Hotel has a small gym with 5 machines.
Room was lovely - had a sea view. On arrival was hard to find as hotel is large and we were directed down the back way with no clear signs. Bathroom was extremely spacious and well functioning. TV had a good selection of channels in many languages. Safety deposit box came included in room. Rooms are set up in a suite style so large communal areas. Slightly odd but would work well if had a family with a couple of rooms.
Disappointments were the charge to use the tennis courts at €15 an hour and the location out of town which is inaccessible without a car or taxi at €10-12. There are no local buses. Distance is 6.5km. Also one of the free activities didn't run during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona is a magnificent hotel with 210 rooms and deluxe suites with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms with sea views. Thanks to its location, a modern spa and its specifically-designed spaces for couples and families, the hotel holds a respected place among the hotels in Estepona. It is 82 km from Malaga International Airport and half an hour from Gibraltar.EL OLIVO RESTAURANT: Our traditional, high-quality Mediterranean cuisine using natural flavours with a modern touch to be enjoyed in modern surroundings. Our exclusive Fuerte Estepona restaurant, located within the hotel, is the perfect place to start and end a day at the beach, enjoying all the flavours it has to offer. A wide range of breakfasts, lunches (solely during the months of July and August) and buffet dinners.The Estepona Spa is a place where you can alleviate stress, charge your batteries and return home better than ever, thanks to our cutting-edge hydrotherapy circuits and massage and beauty treatment regimens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TravelUp, Fuerte Hoteles, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hotel Fuerte Estepona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerte Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona Spain - Costa Del Sol