Went the week commencing 18th June. Be aware high season starts earlier in June as Spanish schools broke up on the 22nd.First part of the week was very quiet around the hotel, but it burst into life after the Friday, with the pool snack bar opening, entertainment around the poolside such as water aerobics, and more evening entertainment. But it wasn't over-powering, just jolly! And there are masses of sun beds and quiet places to plonk yourselves. And they ask guests around the smaller pool to keep it "couples and quiet time". This hotel is the best part of an hour's drive from Malaga airport, and a ten minute drive back into Estepona. There are no restaurants to mooch to nearby in the evenings if you like a stroll before dinner and to mull over the menus. So a car is essential, or a budget for taxis to take you along the coast, or eat at the hotel. And if you drive, then obviously you can't both drink, so this destination won't suit everyone. Having said that there are many ports and beautiful places to eat at night just a short drive away and the hotel bar is open late for when you get back! There appeared to be masses of safe play areas for children and a kids' club and creche. The grounds are gated with security cameras, so it felt safe for families. The beach was very nearby too. The hotel supplied a beach towel each morning and the sun beds were very comfortable, a lovely sea breeze which was a bit strong at times for the parasols! Breakfasts - well, everything. Cereals, fruits, fry up, and chefs on standby for omelette orders etc. Good supply of special dietary things too - gluten free products etc. All the staff without exception were lovely, friendly, helpful and took pride in their work and the hotel. This spot is ideal for a quietist break, somewhere for families to all be together - take the grandkids, or just to explore the coastal area and to chill. Our room was a good size, lovely big comfy bed and all new bathroom suite, in Spanish marble tiles. We had a large garden terrace with ours and just a small balcony, but had we been holidaying with others, the room below could be joined with ours with a very large communal lounge and dining area. And we had a jacuzzi in our roof garden, although it wasn't up and running and we didn't particularly want it, but if you were a big family, these 2 rooms, garden terrace and communal space, with the jacuzzi would have been fabulous! Aircon in rooms was good and use of the safe was free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona is a magnificent hotel with 210 rooms and deluxe suites with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms with sea views. Thanks to its location, a modern spa and its specifically-designed spaces for couples and families, the hotel holds a respected place among the hotels in Estepona. It is 82 km from Malaga International Airport and half an hour from Gibraltar.EL OLIVO RESTAURANT: Our traditional, high-quality Mediterranean cuisine using natural flavours with a modern touch to be enjoyed in modern surroundings. Our exclusive Fuerte Estepona restaurant, located within the hotel, is the perfect place to start and end a day at the beach, enjoying all the flavours it has to offer. A wide range of breakfasts, lunches (solely during the months of July and August) and buffet dinners.The Estepona Spa is a place where you can alleviate stress, charge your batteries and return home better than ever, thanks to our cutting-edge hydrotherapy circuits and massage and beauty treatment regimens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Fuerte Hoteles, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Fuerte Estepona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerte Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona Spain - Costa Del Sol