“Nice restaurant, good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ivory

Ivory
Ranked #3,938 of 8,761 Restaurants in Costa del Sol
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Switzerland
“Nice restaurant, good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just came back first time visiting the Ivory and felt right at home. I believe if you are back the second time they already greet you by name :) Service is very friendly and english speaking. The place seems to be frequented by a lot of expats. I really liked the food. There are probably cheaper (spanish/tapas) places in the area if you are living on a budget.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank atsfrm11

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Tried it 3 times and will not go there again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have been 3 times over last 2 years because our friends like it. Have been disappointed on each occasion. I expect a restaurant to do three things serve me, wash up and cook better than I can. I cook Indian food using fresh spices not sauces and get better results. Food not as good as the The Taj Mahal in Duquesa port.

The food is expensive, last night I questioned the bill, 6€ for 4 poppadoms that arrived on the table without asking, but when I asked if the 2 portions of pilau rice at 5€ a portion was correct they showed me on the menu where the old price had been over written in marker pen. 10€ for a small dish of rice is taking the pilau.

Most other restaurants offer your a complementary drink after the meal but not here.

Their prices have gone up over the last 2 years as your might expect but I think the food quality has gone down.

Its unfortunate that many restaurants believe that if they are getting fewer customers because of economic times that can just hike the price to compensate, then they wonder why they go out of business.

We always try a restaurant more than once but we will not be going again.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jeff L
Sotogrande, Spain
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Lived here for 7 years and this is probably the worst indian meal I've had. After the poppadoms (that we were charged 4.50 euros for), we had cold crusty chapatis followed by a bland tasting vindaloo. Very poor food and not cheap. Not what I expected after reading all the rave reviews. Perhaps the chef has changed recently. If you want a decent curry, go to the Indian on the top floor of Duquesa port. Been there 10 times and its always delivered.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gabster659598
La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
“nice food but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

we ordered vegetable biryiani which was very good. The paneer saag was such a small plate for 7 euros I really got pissed off. I have eaten in around a 100 different indian restaurants but this was truly the smallest portion I have been served ever. When I wanted to point that out to the waitress, she treated me if I was begging for more food, though I just wanted to point out the fact that the portion was less than small. Another thing: they charge for the little sauces they put on the table 3 euros without announcing it beforehand.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank sebastian S
Gibraltar
“Expect to linger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have been here twice before, the last time was at least 12 months previous. Whilst the food is still quite nice I'm afraid the service although sweet was incredibly slow and even non existent at times. We were here (table of four) for 3 hours, we just had a main meal and a couple irish coffees. Even had to wait an age for drinks and ended up putting our finished plates onto the table next to us as we had been sitting with them for about half an hour after we had finished. There was only one other table the whole evening. I am not blaming the waitress but I do question the managements ability to keep an eye on their business and employ the right people for the job as we won't be coming here again, which is a shame as the food is not bad. Its just the waiting that drives me nuts.

• Visited August 2012