“Great times” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Cadiz
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Great times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was my first experience in a backpackers and I was surprised at how great the experience turned out to be. My wife and I had a great time interacting with all the people at the dinner times and the walking tour was extremely interesting. We also went on one of the beach trips and spent the day at one of the prettiest beaches I have seen (and I live in a beautiful beach town!) Great environment, great beds and great staff. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Absolutely fantastic stay. This is my second time coming and they have made several upgrades making this stay even more pleasurable than the last. New beds, great meals, Brazilian hammocks and renovated bathrooms, I couldn't ask for more. The atmosphere is wonderful and I love how i just immediately feel at home. Will definitely come back next year!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was with some people who had visited Cadiz and they were heading back because they enjoyed it so much and they insisted I should go back with them. I planned to stay 3 nights. They left for home after 3 days and I decided to stay. 14 days later I found my self still here. By far the best hostel I have stayed in. The people are amazing, especially Ivi Moon, Cangrejo, Smiley and GG (LOVE YOU GUYS!!). They really go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience!! The beaches we visited on the day trips were breathtaking. Music, Sangria, Snorkelling and loads of fun. Cangrejo cooked most nights and for a small 5 Euros, An amazing home cooked meal definitely satisfied the hunger. ( Best Paella in Caduiz) The roof top terrace every night the place to be. Locals and tourists, playing music, singing and just having a laugh. I could go on forever about this place. Basically just go and see for your self. You will not be disappointed. I will be back!!!!! See you soon Casa Caracol!! Love the Aussie Bird

P.S If you want proof just take a look at their facebook page.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brodie B
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

There are a few hostels in Spain that achieve genuine legendary status, like the Kabul in Barcelona. Casa Caracol though, is number one for me. A place to go back to again and again. Loathe therefore I am, writing a positive review in case I'll not have a bed there next time. But with new starbucks-style competition looming, an exception must be made. Forget this place though if you want silence in your room or the joys of a chlorine-filled pool on the roof (the convenience you find there in lieu however, is art on a level that would impress Duchamp himself). Casa Caracol isn't corporate sterility, its a living, musical, joyful place. An artful creation of love crafted with the help of many travelers passing through (or out on) its hallowed bunks over the years. The people who stayed a while to lend a hand have helped create an ambiance unique and unrivaled. The most beautiful girls, the coolest dudes, and even geeks like me. Its been around a while too, well before Cadiz became fashionable. The owner is a well-travelled surfer, a rare diamond, offering a homey welcome hotel groups just cannot live up to. Its lovely parties, wonderful year-round climate, and hearty, spirited authenticity represent the finest of backpacking experiences. Two thumbs way up high.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here two nights, both of which were amazing!! Each night they served awesome food, I had one of the best gazpachos and paellas in this place. Very comfortable beds and facilities. The staff where so friendly, good location right next to the coach and train station. I went to one of their trips which was to visit beaches which where far from Cadiz town, I had an amazing time there, meeting new people and seeing amazing sights. I am planing on coming back here again and again and many more times. I truly recommend this hostel. I went to almost 15 hostels while traveling to Spain and this was by far the best hostel in Spain!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Saigon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cadiz was the only place we just went to without planning, without booking and without really knowing what the city would be like. After a long journey from Granada, we stumbled into the city at night with no place to stay and wandered around for maybe two hours, asking people, looking at a few places, until finally we found Casa Caracol, which somebody had mentioned and LUCKILY, miraculously, there were two hammocks on the roof terrace still free. That was how it started. Casa Caracol was the coolest, friendliest place we stayed in all of the south of Spain. The place is well organized, hip design that functions, but what really makes it special is the staff who run the place, many of them travelers who want to hang out in Cadiz for a longer time and work in exchange for a stay. They're nice, friendly & take good care of guests. Staff "chefs" prepared wonderful dinners, which guests could chip in to cover; breakfast is part of the deal, and a relaxed, pleasant start to the day with plenty of coffee, orange juice, crepes, whatever. Toni, Smiley, so many of the staff were fabulous, generous with their time and knowledge of the city -- in three days we met cool people, hung out on the beach, explored museums, music and cuisine. Cadiz was a splendid surprise, and Casa Caracol totally made the experience -- I'd go back in a flash.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed in Casa Caracol on our first trip to Cadiz and had such a good time there that we came back again a couple of weeks later. The atmosphere is really nice and relaxed, staff are really friendly and make a real effort to get to know their guests and the rooms, bathrooms and kitchen are clean and well kept.
We really enjoyed the day trips that the hostel organised as it gave us a chance to visit beaches outside of cadiz that are hard to reach without a car and also to get to know other people staying in the hostel.
I think a major highlight for us was definitely the food:) the pancakes for breakfast were the only reason we ever got up before 11, and we had dinner in the hostel every night because mate and cangrejo's cooking is amazing.
Totally recommend Casa Caracol!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends