“Best hostel ever”

Ranked #1 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Cadiz
Golden, Canada
“Best hostel ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great vibe, comfortable, hospitable, fun, funky, great staff, beautifully decorated and squeaky clean. Short walking distance to port, bus and train station. Best hostel we've ever experienced.
Free pancake breakfast and great dinners prepared by staff for a modest price (4 euros).
We had a private room with loft bed and shared bathroom 40 euros. Bathrooms cleaned 3 times a day.
Seems to attract the greatest people (travellers).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a fantastic place!

This hostel has a great atmosphere. The central atrium is nicely decorated, but more importantly allows the good vibes to spread around the hostel. These good vibes are created by the friendly staff and helped by a good selection of different music to either chill out to or get you going!

I was travelling on my own but was made to feel very welcome and included in everything. There always seemed to be someone around to have laugh with or relax with; maybe even over a game of cards or backgammon. Good value themed food nights with, for example, belly dancing were also great fun!

Then if you wanted to continue your night, the staff always knew the best place to go. The Flamenco and other live music nights were fantastic and really left me with a feeling that I had made the best of my holiday.

I will definitely be back again!

Cheers

Ash

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ash w
Bradford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 young girls). Hosts gave us a dorm room of 7 bunks just for us. Lovely hammocks upstairs, plenty of room, we ate dinner with them and attended a salsa class in the evening. Feeling of being part of the family. Were very good with our girls. Good memories.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ashvet
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hostel was my final stop on a desastrous trip that began in marocco, After being robbed, travelling alone in marocco as a girl and having almost no money and a temporary passport, i was spending my nights in cheap hotels, After this Casa caracol was like warm bath. With the friendlyest staff ever, the nice cooking and the chill out rooftop and the great people i met Casa caracol really made my trip! Cadiz is an awesome beachtown and casa caracol really helps you to enjoy your trip to the maximum. The hostel offers a lot of great services and activities, the free breakfast was awesome and so was the cheap bikerenting! Even with almost no money i had such a great time in cadiz! Every day i met great new peeps to chill out with. Thanks guys, i ll probably be back this year, with a normal passport i hope! Groetjes leonie

ok tripadvisor forces me to make my story longer but to summarize this hostel is just awesome and i would recommand anyone but especially solo travellers to go to this superfun hostel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Leonie D
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Cadiz and specially Casa Caracol become a home for me for the first day that I arrive.
I never felt like that in a hostel before, and after a long journey it was a perfect place to stay.
The crew and the guest r mix together in one big mood of happiness, you can always fiend staff to do, and if you wont to chill out this a perfect place..
The hostel itself is beautiful and very convenient, and the roof is where I spend most of my time, jest because it’s the best place to be!
I fell in love in Casa Cracol and I highly recommend all of you to book there.
Have a great vacation (i kind of jealous)
Hila

Room Tip: the hammocks on the roof is very comfortable..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Hila D
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very cool and nice hostel. I spent in it 4 nights. The rooms are good with a balcony or windows. The beds I liked most of all. The space between the lower bed and the upper one is too much )) The kitchen is very big. And almost every day in the evening you can join to a dinner for 5 euros. Every day the dinner is different. And there is a terrace on the top. And also a room for relax. The atmosphere is very joyful. There are people from all over the world. And people of different style and age. So you can make a friendship easily. I liked this hostel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alexander G
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent 5 or 6 nights at Casa Caracol this summer, and I can't come up with a single negative thing to say... it is such a lovely place. The rooms are great, the facsilities are all what it should be and and the food is great. I had some excellent lunches and dinners here! I never made it to breakfast but I'm sure it's great as well :) The whole place just has a fantastic feel to it. To me, a great hostel is a place that feels like home, where people are living as in a community, where you get the feeling of being a family and where you just want to stay forever. Casa caracol is exactly this. The atmosphere and vibe is sooo good, the staff is just amazing, they are your friends, not your "staff". The rooftop terrace is just amazing, and all the socializing, jamming, hanging out and partying going on there are beyond doubt the my best memories from Cadiz (and there were plenty of good memories!!) THANK YOU to the whole Casa caracol family for making my stay wonderful, I'm looking forward to return.
To everyone else, stay here!!!!!! Just watch out for their suicide tours, they can be dangerous ;)

Room Tip: I stayed in the 4 person dorm with a little balcony and I loved it ! Then again, I also slept some n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo