1,157 results
All reviews rooftop pool car park old town small car narrow alley only stayed one night train station nice hotel inner courtyard an upgrade large bathroom side street family room hotel staff enjoyable stay location was perfect public parking
Reviewed July 6, 2018

We visited in 2016 and were highly impressed - we returned in 2018 and left feeling it wasn't at the same standard.
Front desk service in 2016 was top class- this time check in was laboured and restaurant recommendation turned out to be a disappointment.

Hotel assured us they would book restaurant and ring us in the room to confirm- didn't happen- then on going out in the town we rechecked and were told by time we got to the restaurant booking would be in place it wasn't.

Towels and pillows seem to be of lesser quality.

Why minimal tea and coffee sachets in the room.

Last time we were given two free hours in the spa- this time we were asked to pay € 40 - told it was a new policy - pity.

Car windows washed - nice touch.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank sam b
Senator-Hotels, Gerente at Senator Cadiz Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear guest,

First at all, I would like to sincerely thank you, for choosing our hotel for the second time to enjoy your stay in Cádiz.

Obviously I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all what it could have been. I would like to apologize for the disturbance caused by our reception service. We always try to satisfy our guest needs and unfortunately we did not totally accomplished our goal during your stay.

We will take into account your comments and will work in order to improve further the quality, so your perception of our product will be completely satisfactory next time you visit us.

We stay in your entire disposal and would be delighted that you would provide the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again or in any of our Senator Hotels & Resorts chain establishments.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Location is the best aspect of the hotel. Closeby public parking.
You can easily walk to most of the old town.
Shopping and reataurants in the neighbourhood.
The hotel itself was good. Breakfest good choices. The room was good. Bed ro my opinion a bit too hard. Bathroom sufficient but nothing too fancy.
Overall just fine.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annabel K

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback regarding our hotel.

First at all, we want to thank that you have chosen our Senator Cádiz Hotel for your stay in Cádiz and provided our hotel the opportunity to make our location and services better known for other readers.

We regret not covering all your expectations and we will be delighted if you offer us the opportunity to return to have you back in our hotel again or in any of our Senator Hotels & Resorts chain establishments.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

We’ve booked this hotel for room only at nearly €100 per night because it was a Spa hotel. Arrived Monday. Receptionist went through a list of all the things that weren’t included in our booking - breakfast, yes I know. Then told us we ‘only have a basic room and we’d be better upgrading’ at a cost of €39 per night, or to a suite for even more. If I’d wanted a suite I would have booked a suite. Hardly a warm welcome. We were then told they use if the sauna etc was not included in the price. I’ve never stayed in a 4 star hotel with spa facilities that were not included in the price. Expectation is to pay €20 each for a sauna and indoor pool. Also we’ve had to pay over €5 per day for a safe deposit box in our room. Again I’ve never had to do this in a 4* hotel. I feel I’ve been conned as these details were not made clear at the time of booking. The room is nice enough but The air con doesn’t work very well. The main reason for booking this hotel was the Spa but I refuse to pay an extra €40 per day for this. It’s spoiled my holiday. I’d planned to book a massage and facial but I’ll go to an independent salon in Cadiz for this, or wait until I get home. I Think the the main aim of this hotel is to squeeze as much money out of guests as possible. We’re here until Saturday but I wouldn’t buy as much as a cup of coffee in here. They’ve had enough of my money.

Room tip: No advice to give.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Ann M

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all what it could have been.

Concerning your comment regarding the Spa facilities, if I may, I would like to advise you, that our Spa facility is specified as a payment service, like others, in Booking.com, as well. Nevertheless we regret you inconvenience that this issue may caused you.

According to your comment about the cost for the safe, I would like to inform you, that our rate is standard in the tourism sector.

We stay in your entire disposal and would be delighted that you would provide the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again.
Meanwhile we will continue working in achieving our goal that is that our guests enjoy their stay along their holiday in our establishment.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived in Cádiz, we were well received by the staff who checked us in quickly and gave us good information about the old town to start our visit. When we got up to the room, I was glad we were staying only 2 nights. The room was quite small based on my Canadian standards for our family of four. However by the end of our visit I was hire happy with this hotel.
The breakfast was outstanding. The woman who worked in the breakfast room was friendly and helpful despite being very busy. They had a great foyer that allowed us to read or play games in the evening which made up for the small room. Everything was very clean. The staff at the front desk were always friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel can’t be beat and the pool was a nice bonus at the end of a hot day.
It is odd that you need to pay for a safe in the room, the manager tried to tell us that it was normal but for all the traveling we have done, this was a first.
Nonetheless, despite my initial disappointment with the room, we found ways to mange that made up for it and I would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Roy_Goods
Senator-Hotels, Gerente at Senator Cadiz Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Guest,

First at all, thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback regarding our hotel.

It´s a pleasure for us to know that your stay in our hotel was as pleasant as you indicated. Your comment makes us feel proud of the work done on a daily basis, with the only aim of satisfying the needs of our guests.

Regarding our staff I will take your positive comments them personally. Our goal is that all our guests leave our establishments, with wonderful memories of their holidays.

We are your disposal at any time and we´re looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Based down a narrow one way street , 100 yards from the seafront this hotel has a lot to offer the only issue is parking which isn’t easy . That apart it’s convienent for most sites to visit including the open top hop on hop off bus, which by other cities standards is limited to where it can go due to the narrow streets. The bar ,spa breakfast reception area air conditioned rooms are very good as is the rest of the hotel together with helpful staff . Well worth a visit.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

It´s a pleasure for us to know that your stay in our hotel was as pleasant as you indicated. Your comment makes us feel proud of the work done on a daily basis,with the only aim of satisfying the needs of our guests.

Regarding our underground parking, we´re sorry about the inconvenience caused, but our historical centre location itself, makes it very difficult. Nevertheless we want to inform you that our reception staff are always pleased to help out our guests to park their cars in our park facility, if requested.

I would like to reiterate our gratitude and hope we can meet you again in our hotel or any of our Senator Hotels & Resorts establishments.