2,468 results
All reviews pool area modern hotel electric blinds lighting system huge bath lack of privacy old town main restaurant mood lighting floor to ceiling windows bi fold doors overlooking the bay sliding glass botanical gardens the atlantic ocean eggs cooked to order half board
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

I would say this hotel is one of the nicest I’ve stayed at in Spain. It was absolutely stunning from beginning to end.

The hotel is in a fab location with full views across the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel is easy to get to from the main train station which is now I arrive when visiting. From here I took a taxi, this cost at the most around €7/€8.

The hotel is within walking distance of the centre of Cadiz. There are plenty of bars and restaurants into the centre and a couple close by too.

There is underground parking and this is chargeable and costs around €15 per day.

The hotel entrance is really grand. There is a large seating area and a few little shops on the ground floor. From there you go up a floor or two to the pool and bar area. There’s a spa and gym facilities too. The pool area is fab. Absolutely loads of loungers and 3 pools. 2 of which are really shallow for floating beds. This was so nice to relax in. The views across the Ocean really make it a perfect setting!
You can borrow pool towels from just in front of the spa entrance/in front of the pools.

I stayed in a standard double room with a fabulous sea view. The room was amazing!! I was very excited when I booked about the bifold doors as this was a great touch. The room was quite spacious and had everything we needed for the stay.

The bathroom was also super cool! It was really modern and had really good facilities. There was a huge bath with a separate (private) shower too. I say private because at first the images can seem as though all the bathroom is open. But it’s covered by sliding glass doors.

We had breakfast at the hotel which was really nice. There was plenty of choice and was open for quite a while.

We only stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights but I would definitely return and consider staying for longer. The hotel may seem on the higher price wise but I honestly can’t recommend it enough. I think it was worth every penny.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eduardo223, Manager at Parador de Cadiz, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear Blueskies_sunshine14,
We are very pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay in this parador.

We thank you for sharing your impressions and look forward to welcoming you again. Best regards,
E.Oriola

Reviewed December 29, 2017

The hotel had underground parking (extra) which was handy and the best we'd had on our tour of Andalucia. The hotel was easy to find and is located at the end of one of the main roads into the centre and close to the lovely beaches. We had a nice welcome and the service throughout was professional.

We stayed in a basic room on the third floor overlooking the pool. The other option is overlooking the park but do ask for a pool view as you then get to see the marvellous sunsets over the sea. For a basic room, it's very impressive with bifold doors onto the balcony. It's not the most private balcony and the balconies are all glass but it didn't bother us. The rooms are very modern and spacious and we had a bath and separate shower. The only negative was that the shower door appeared to have come off its rollers making it difficult to open and close. Toiletries included: shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion (there was also a toothbrush). The hairdyer was okay and there was also a safe in the room.

One thing we did find odd about this hotel was that the spa was not included within the rate which is probably a first in all of our travels and surprising given the room rates. The price to use it was extortionate and so we didn't! Instead we had use of the outdoor pools which were like stepping into a pool of ice. Great views out to sea from the pool area and drinks were reasonably priced and it was peaceful.

The breakfast area had lovely views out to sea and was quite large but I struggled here. I do not eat meat and don't really want cheese or tons of cake for breakfast and so I found this the least attractive in terms of breakfast options in our entire trip.

We didn't eat at the hotel and enjoyed walking 10/15 minutes into the centre to try out places like La Taperia de Columela (there will probably be a queue but it moves quickly and is worth the wait). Taberna El Tio de la Tiza was another great place we'd recommend to eat and it's outside too (again, it's busy and so you may have to wait).

Room tip: Ask for a room with a pool view
Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank taliward
Eduardo223, Gerente at Parador de Cadiz, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Dear Mr.

First of all, we would like to thank you for answering this survey about your recent stay in this parador in Cádiz, as the opinions and suggestions of our guests help us to improve the quality our our services.

We take note of your comments to improve our service and facilities.We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

I have stayed in quite a few Parador hotels now and as much as I like the old buildings this one is very modern indeed. It is of course fitted out to a very high standard as are all their hotels. This is essentially a city hotel right next to the coast, so a beach hotel?

Not quite.

I think if you called this a beach hotel then you might expect it to be a bucket and spade hotel full of families and children but that is not the crowd it seems to attract. Daresay they would be welcome though.

Our bedroom and I guess all bedrooms have a good view out over the Atlantic and the promenade that runs along the waterline. From that vantage point there is not too much of the city that can be seen. However it is a fairly easy walk from here into the city and much of it can be reached from a tourist perspective on foot. So it scores high on location and on views.

The bedrooms were extremely comfortable. There is much glass and open plan bout the room. Sliding panels hide this bit and that bit to give it a very modern chic feel. I did find the lighting panel a bit of a puzzle at first as you can control everything from either side of the bed but once figured out I was left wishing I could have the same at home. There is an enormous amount fitted into a relatively small space - what I mean is there is more in the way of facilities in the room than you would first think. Clever use of space means there is a bath - a huge bath - and a separate shower cubicle and double hand basins too in space you would not imagine at home. But it is neither cluttered nor cramped. I wish I could describe it better!

Out of the room there are a couple of restaurants and a coffee shop and bar area and plenty of business facilities. I would imagine it would be a great place for corporate events.

We did not eat at the hotel in the evenings but the breakfasts that we had were terrific. There was everything you could wish for in a very spacious area. No bashing into one another, no long queues as there were several points to go and get most things. The hot plate station would be the only place to queue.

Outside of all that the spa and pool looked very good but we were only here for a couple of nights.

Free wifi throughout with what seemed like a good and fast connection is always nice to have in this day and age.

Oh yes and there was underground parking for cars. Now I would not usually rave about a car park but compared to most places in Spain this was spacious and easy to get in and out of. My only quibble would be that you have to pay extra for parking here and there was not really any alternative. I can't recall how much but it was not much but I would have thought it could have been absorbed into the room cost.

Room tip: most rooms do have a sea view and your own balcony - just be aware that this is the Atlantic and it can get windy at times.
Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank MGaylard

Dear Mr.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Cadiz is a nice place quite calm in the low season. The hotel is modern with superb sea views from the roomss balcony. Very clean and big rooms .
It has very good breakfast. The restaurante is friendly but could improve.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
Eduardo223, Manager at Parador de Cadiz, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Dear Mr. Lioman

We take note of your comments to improve our service and facilities.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay here. We thank you again for letting us know your opinion and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

We stayed in a brilliantly designed room, which looked fabulous and had a wonderful view out to sea. A wall of windows completely folds back onto the balcony and there are two types of floor to ceiling blinds - opaque and blackout. The design is very stylish with Corian panelled walls and floor and a clever wardrobe/bathroom/shower unit with lots of mirrors and fantastic lighting including an ambient panel above the bath. The only thing missing is tea/coffee making facilities.

However, there's a design glitch - a couple sharing the room need to live in perfect synch as the reading lights both turn on or off together; the bathroom is open plan, so if one wants to brush their teeth after the other has gone to sleep, you have to do so in the dark or turn on half the lights in the room. And if you walk to adjust the air cond during the night, the movement-triggered lighting inside the glass wardrobe turns on!

Other niggles worth noting - it's a nice feature to have two basins but they are tiny and there's hardly any space for toiletries and the shower is great but the water kept switching from hot to cold and back again.

Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice but the restaurant is very noisy with marble floors and glass walls so we didn't want to linger. The swimming pool area on the second floor has 4 large pools but there's nowhere to buy a drink or a sandwich. It may be end of season but the hotel seemed full so this was disappointing.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Lazzagear

Dear Mr. Lazzagear

We take note of your comments to improve our service and facilities.