“Great Mexican food”

Cielito Lindo Cafe
Ranked #8 of 1,165 Restaurants in Cordoba
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: restaurant in Cordoba . Authentic Mexican Food, Nachos, Enchiladas, Tacos, Quesadillas, Vegetarian food, all top quality . Best Mexican beers, Cocktails. We dont accept credit cards .
Reviewed May 13, 2019

My husband and I were trying to have a variety of food other than tapas every day for our dinners during our month long trip in Spain. Tonight we felt like Mexican so on 7/25/18 we took a taxi to this place that I had read about on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint.

This place is small and very quirky. Lots of little toy people decorations all over. Very cute. Riot of color. Placemats, plates. Decor on walls and ceiling. Loved, loved it!

We arrived 8:00 PM when it opens for dinner. No one else was here. Small place of around 10 tables or so. Our server was delightful. Very nice guy.

We started out with margaritas of course! They were just the right balance of all the ingredients and the salt on the rim of the glass didn't overpower the actual drink. Perfect balance of sweet, sour, and salty. So tasty.

Then we ordered the Guacamole Cielito Lindo-quacamole with chopped bits of tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and homemade nacho chips. This dish was fantastic and I'm not a fan of guacamole. A dish of olives-of course we expected that-but it also had jalapeño.

My husband ordered the Morena Tacos-mix of pork, bacon, and chorizo. I got the Colored Enchilada-chicken, spicy tomato sauce, cheese, and a little bit of cream. We were both happy with our choices and shared a bit.

Then we got another round of margaritas but decide to try the mango margaritas. I think there was sugar on the rim of the glass instead of the salt we had on the first margaritas. I thought it might be too sweet but it wasn't. I liked it even better than the original margaritas we had first.

We got complimentary small drinks of tequila and a serving of spicy watermelon ice cream which we shared. The drink was such a pretty shade of blue. The ice cream was so tasty with just a tiny bit of a spicy kick. Delicious candies came with the bill.

Food was fantastic. Our server was great. This place was a great choice. Can definitely recommend if you want a change from tapas. We would return. Cost without tip was $50.94.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed April 19, 2019

We found a review of the place and it looked good, but most importantly catered for vegetarians. It was worth the fifteen minute walk from where we were staying to a busy area with loads of people in the streets, possibly because it was Semana Santa. We had a great meal and were looked after well by the owner and waiter. The spicy sauces to accompany the main course were amazing, and love the home made tortilla chips to go with the guacamole.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

Told about restaurant by hotel. Incredible service. Gorgeous tasty food. Great selection explained by owner. Amazing desserts. We will be back. Highly recommended

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to find decent Mexican food in Spain... they just don’t have the variety of chiles and corn that are needed. That’s why my wife (who is from Mexico!) and I were so surprised to see uncommon dishes on the menu, all of which were well prepared. The owner/chef, Gustavo, came by several times and was very friendly and generous...

Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Cielito Lindo is a tiny but lovely restaurant. I would already recomend to go there just for their decorations, which I loved!
The host was lovely, and so was the food!
Very nice, tasty food, and very nice staff.
Don’t doubt to go there!