“A gem in Cordoba”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thank you Antonio you made our visit to your city very special. The Mezquita, your excellent restaurant and most of all your personality make a day in Cordoba very worthwhile. The food (cooked by Maria) was the best we have had during our week in Sevilla. From the beautifully cooked rabbit to the succulent hake all was perfect. We really didn’t need desert but shared an excellent flan then made our way to the station replete. Wish we were able to go again!

Tom & Liz Scotland

PS muchas gracias Antonio for the extra special appetiser and muchas gracias to Maria

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (3,499)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having read the reviews we made sure we booked a table the day before to be sure of getting a table. So glad we did otherwise, we wouldn't have got in.

The service very friendly and attentive but the food was a bit mixed for me. As a vegetarian, my choices were limited and I resorted to eating shrimp as don’t eat meat or fish. I started with mixed salad (without the tuna), then grilled peppers and vegetables with shrimps. Tasty enough, but nothing special.

My hubby had a much better meal. He started with anchovies (excellent - very fresh and tasty) and followed with fish (sea bass I think) with vegetables, which he also enjoyed. My pud was the best bit for me – I had the whiskey cake (semi-fredo with Jameson whiskey poured over it - yummy!) and an Irish coffee to go with it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Using TripAdvisor we found that we were a 3 minute walk away from Taberna Luque. We were extraordinarily lucky to get the last table there. I would suggest booking in advance, if possible. This was an absolute gem. It is a small restaurant hosted by the owners - Antonio who works very hard being absolutely charming front of house and Maria, a very able cook. There were delightful touches to every course! Our mains were two local delicacies - rabbit and oxtail. Both were delicious. We also shared Maria’s unusual ‘cheesecake with egg yolk and sugar’ which was like cheesecake with a sort of crème caramel on top. Finally we had brandy ritualistically poured into a warmed glass with warm almonds. The whole thing was wonderful!!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

incredible service, great food, fantastic desserts, warm atmosphere
+ the owner is, without he is aware of it, a natural born comic talent. IMPORTANTE!
and yes, for the few negative comments, before you will get a table he is "screening" you
as snobs and tatoos are not welcome...

Reviewed May 11, 2019

You must go here - don’t be in a hurry - the owner works hard taking care of the tables by himself. The food was really special - but the warmth of the owner was the best.