“Halal Yumlicious Paella & Beside Mosque”
Review of Teteria Petra

Teteria Petra
Ranked #152 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cordoba
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

Our group had dinner here. They served soup, big portion of Salads and Paella. If u love to eat Paella, I recommended to visit Teteria Petra. They also served sweet savoury & mint tea. You can perform ur Solat just beside the restaurant....

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, generous portion size and fairly priced.

We ordered two chicken kebabs with salad, rice and chips. It all tasted very good indeed.

The food took over 30 minutes to prepare and the restaurant wasn't busy, so this was a little frustrating. It was worth the wait though.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I was strolling the streets of Cordoba, starving, stopped and looked a a few menus of places I had walked past and immediately googled them to see if they were any good. None of them could even muster 3-stars. I kept walking and saw the sign for Teteria Petra on the corner pointing patrons down the narrow passageway. I googled and voila it had excellent ratings here on Trip Advisor so I decided to check it out.

I have never ever eaten this type of food and had no clue what to expect. First off, the restaurant / tea house itself was really unique and beautiful inside. The smell of incense fit the mood of the decor.

The owner approached and I asked him if he was open for dinner (it was only 7:00 PM). I chose a seat and asked for something cold to drink (on this 36 C. day). He described two types of cold tea and the one I chose was delicious (it wasn't the green tea with mint - but I can't recall the name of it).

I told the owner I had never before eaten this type of food and could he recommend a dish. He recommended the veal tangine. I had heard of tangine from Anthony Bourdain's show on Tangier. I was eager to try it. It came relatively quickly with a basket of baguette. I lifted the lid and it looked and smelled so good. The french fries were piping hot and the perfect accompaniment to the sauce of the tangine. The tangine.... it was by far near the very top of the foods that I've eaten thus far in Spain. It was hot, delicious and aromatic. The meat was very tender.

I believe this first time ever eaten tangine will be forever memorable. The ambiance of the restaurant fit the men perfectly. All-in-all, a really great dining experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Hidden away from the other restaurants. The service was superb and on time. Very helpful. They spoke English, Spanish, Arabic and other languages.

Tajine chicken I had was excellent. Highly recommended. Good halal food too and right next to a mosque for anyone looking to pray.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful little place minutes away from the Mezquita. It was empty when we went in but they have a beautiful patio were you can relax away from the crowd and have a drink or a sheesha. There is even a little turtle that wanders around :) Haven't tried the food but their smoothie and sheesha were good.

Date of visit: August 2018