“Delicious Salmorejo with a Twist”
Review of Salmorejeria Umami - CLOSED

Salmorejeria Umami
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cocina Tradicional con un toque Moderno.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ordered both a traditional and a contemporary salmorejo. Both were delicious and a refreshing change from gazpacho.The restaurant is in a neat location and easy to find. The prices felt a bit high for lunch, but we didn't feel robbed either!

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Beet root salmorejo excellent. Would love to try more of their creative twists on this dish.
Flamenquino twists worthy of trying.
Tuna special was very large and very tasty.
All dishes were beautifully presented and had couple interesting sauces.
French toast and ice cream dessert didn't 't really work for me, but it certainly wasn't bad. I give them credit for trying new ideas.
Did have English menu and servers were nice with my gibberish attempts at Spanish.
Would definitely return.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Unami will stay in my mind as an adventure. I have tried the salmorejo degustation, which could vary according to the chef's mood I guess =) But I really enjoyed the mixture of some ingredients that I never thought would match! The beetroot and mango salmorejo was my favorite of them all.
When we entered the restaurant for lunch we were the first table but it quickly became packed to the point that people were waiting for tables or squeezing for a bit a space at the bar. It seemed like a popular place, and I can definitely understand why!
The service was also very good.
If your looking for new gustative experiences, this is the place to go.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We enjoyed this excellent restaurant. The salmorejo was inventive (and they have traditional styles too), and the jamon de bellota was the best we ever had. They have a good selection of local sherries and wines. They are very nice people. This place was recommended in a blog by Azahar in Sevilla, and we are happy to have been on the lookout for it. We came across it as we were walking the nice pedestrianized street between the main shopping area (Plaza de la Tendillas) and the mosque.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

One of our favorite meals. The tapas were so delicious, eggplant with honey, potato wedges with curry olio, jamon, and other yummy bites. Cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and the waitress was so helpful.