“Best Patios in Cordoba”

and up
Cordoba Tour During Patios Festival
Ranked #10 of 139 things to do in Cordoba
More attraction details
Owner description: The Palace of Viana is a lived house until the end of 20th century by noble families but with a great popular flavor instead. One of its main attractiveness are the "patios" and the garden that make it be known as Museum of the Patios. Indoor and outdoor are perfectly integrated, giving to the palace an original harmony. Among the collections stand out paintings, tapestries, leather and ceramic tiles among others.
Los Angeles, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Best Patios in Cordoba”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Highly recommended. Off the beaten path but worth the trek. The gardens are very nicely manicured and the service was great.

Visited May 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a beautiful spot!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were recommended to visit the Courtyards of Viana, and they certainly lived up to expectations. We loved it! We wandered through various courtyards, all different with beautiful flowers giving off their scent, a quiet place to wander and photograph and reflect.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Wonderful Relaxing Visit”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was one of my favorite excursions while in Cordoba. Fortunately we had a sunny day for our visit as the weather had been very rainy in previous days. Most of the museum is outside as the tour takes you through about 10 different patios/gardens. It is a nice venue to take photos as well. I also recommend that you watch the 10 minute movie on the history of the gardens and palace before the tour. The theater is just to the left of the main entrance.gate. When we finish the tour we were hungry and fortunately there is a resturant that serves on the plaza right outside the museum. The food was quite good.

Visited April 2013
Madrid, Spain
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“beautiful palace with 14 different patios”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Must visit. a palace with 14 types of patios, each one with its own story and use. Typical Andalusian. worth the visit. Unforgettable.

Visited March 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 224 helpful votes
“Expected much, much more”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went here with my friend in August and were quite let down by this place. I am still so surprised by the number of "do not miss" reviews that I've read on here.

The place is a pretty far walk from the Juderia, but that wasn't a problem for us. We wanted to have lunch, but the cafe wasn't open for awhile so we had the time to come here anyway. It was somewhat hard to find, but the walk there through the Jewish quarter was quite nice. The staff at the counter was not helpful at all. We decided not to wait for the tour of the rooms, and in hindsight I am so glad that we didn't, but it was like pulling teeth trying to get information from the staff. we paid the fee for the 12 patios and were expecting so much more than we saw. Both my friend and I, separately, were disappointed. I then told her about the positive reviews I read on T.A. and she was shocked. There was little information about the courtyards, and there was really only one patio that we thought was quite charming. I would not recommend this to others based on the distance and fee.

Visited August 2012