“Great location for a short visit”

NH Collection Amistad Cordoba
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This was the 2nd of 5 NH hotels we atayed in on a tour of Spain. it was the bes of the 5. We stayed two nights in this lovely hotel. A lovely old building carefully converted into a modern hotel. It's right in the heart of where you need to be to see the key sites in Cordoba. Everything is just a few minutes walk away. Service was great. The restaurant staff were excellent and nothing was too much for them.

The rooms are very modern and well appointed. Everything worked. The only downside was that given we went in Jan and it is chilly, there is no heating whatsoever in the bathroom and that was a bit uncomfortable in the mornings.

Other than that this hotel is great value for money, a great place to stay an would definitely come back to it again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,672)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

At first the rooms are typical chain hotel rooms! At second the location is perfect. Entering from outside the city wall you get out right in the heart of the old town on the other side.

Breakfast was best we ever had in Spain.

Registration took forever, no other hotel we stayed on this trip had this kind of procedure, from two to five star hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for a quick trip to Cordoba. We had only one day to see the sights and were so glad to be at this hotel. Inside the old city, a short walk from the restaurants, the mosques, churches and synagogues. The hotel itself is quite nice -- with only one notable shortcoming...parking our rented minivan in the garage was a bit hair-raising. Shouldn't be a problem if you've got a small car or are arriving by train or bus..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marthamom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arriving in this somewhat spare and rustic historic city after a few days in glorious Sevilla, I wasn't sure what to expect, but this hotel was a pleasant surprise, very stylish and attractive. My room was chic and spacious. And the location was perfect, on a tiny quiet plaza within the old town and just a few blocks from Cordoba's main attraction, the Mezquita. The only downside was that the Wifi connection was a bit spotty, but with the assistance of the receptionist, I finally got it to work. I'd recommend it without hesitation for Cordoba-bound travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wordworking
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wonderful hotel hidden in the old city walls of Cordoba! The hotel and rooms were very clean and modern but still had lots of authentic character. Breakfast is great - it includes superfoods to cleanse you after a night endulging in the local wines and sherries!

Set in the old town this hotel is a few minutes stroll from the Mezquita and bars and restaurants of the old town. You must try the Casa Mazal restaurant just down the narrow street for amazing Mediterranean & African cuisine.

If you are driving to the hotel - this can be tricky as it is hard to locate in the labyrinth of streets in the old town and the streets leading to it are very narrow! We ended up asking one of the locals to guide us - for 5 Euros - worth every penny!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail A
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

A well located hotel with modern furnished rooms. They upgraded our family of 3 to a large premier room which was nice. My only grouse is that it has a chain hotel feel and is abit cold and clinical in its approach. No bedroom slippers or kettle and tea or soap refills unless u ask for it. Staff are polite but not warm. This is very unlike the other small boutique hotels we stayed at in Granada and Seville.

An important tip to those who drive. Park your car at the public carpark along Paseo de la Victoria. It's an easier drive to, much cheaper than parking at hotel and a very short walk to the hotel and the Jewish quarter.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Meh, I was not as impressed with this hotel as others have been. It’s incredibly located and has a charming exterior, but otherwise it’s your standard modern hotel (if you are not familiar with the NH chain, think Kimpton.) The front desk folks checked me in quietly and did not offer much of a welcome, except to try to sell me their breakfast. I was hoping for a quick overview of the hotel amenities and a map orienting me... or maybe a "Welcome to Cordoba." Oh well.

It’s hard to put my finger on it, but I was really excited about staying at the hotel and was disappointed by the lack of authenticity and “chain” feel. I leave you with two warnings:

1 – I stayed in the main part of the hotel where you check in. The faux wooden floors are lovely, but I was on the first floor and could hear my neighbors upstairs walking around and moving the desk chair. Some felt pads will remedy the chair issue, but the walking is sure to annoy light sleepers.

2 – If you are arriving by car, hang tight! I was coming from Sevilla and my GPS failed miserably with the winding Cordoba roads. Fortunately, my iPhone came to the rescue. Following it turn-by-turn, I was traumatized by the arrival to the hotel. You have to ignore all the do-not-enter signs, run dozens of tourists off the road, and skim the edges of shops – I am not kidding. I could not believe I was going the right way and felt sure I’d lodge my car in a narrow alley. I called the hotel and they confirmed the directions, so there I went. I made it, but I was incredibly frazzled. Oh – and the parking is outrageously priced at 20 Euros. Downright predatory.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo