“Good location BUT Only stay for 1 night Maximum! (Print the hotel map before you go)”
Review of Los Omeyas Hotel

Los Omeyas Hotel
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed here 1 night of April 21,2011.First thing I needed to tell if you're already book this hotel.Please print the map before you go.There are 2 hotels with the same "Los Omeyas Hotel" But it located in different alley.And I'm not recommend if you're newbie driver coz the alley is very very small.The parking space is a bit far from the hotel.

This hotel is only 15 foot steps to Cathedral,other tourist attraction in Cordoba and shopping areas.So,The price,I paid is 98 euro a night without breakfast. I think, it for the good location.

The room quality is really really poor.I mean it.

The bed is extremely soft.It felt like a 20 yrs old bed (If I keep one that long should feel like that) .I couldn't sleep at all.That's why I said only 1 night maximum.

The door lock really cheap quality hardly to open.No fridge with small bath room.For the real world this hotel should cost not over than 48 euro max..really! I don't know how they charge those price.May be coz I went there in the holy week...

The walls and doors were thin..So,please expect that you will hear drunk people on the street ,in the alley yelling,hosy ridding pass, a noise from cars and room next to you.

The staff all friendly and helpful..this is strength point of the hotel.

I take the bus from train station 1.5 euro to San Fernando and walk about 10 - 12 mins to this hotel.On the way back the road was closed so take the taxi to the hotel for 9 euros.

If you have to pay the same price I was paid I'm not recommend this one..try other hotel that a little bit far from Cathedral with more decent size of room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Huercal Overa Spain
Reviewed November 17, 2009

If you want a hotel with a great location for sightseeing, this is the hotel. We were just on the corner of the Mezquita and in walkable distance to all other historical sites.
The hotel was of a good standard for a 2*.The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels etc and the staff were always pleasant. The only downside to the hotel was how thin the walls were to the adjoining rooms, you could hear everything!!!!!.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pumakit
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2008

This is a very old-fashioned hotel in a great location, but the level of service leaves a fair bit to be desired. The rooms are quite small, which is fairly standard in Spain and not a problem for me as a solo traveller. But when I arrived the room smelled as though it hadn't been used in some time, which was fairly offputting. The linen was threadbare to the point of having holes in it and wasn't always changed when the room was cleaned. I wasn't in the room much, so I didn't realise the tv wasn't working until my last day there, which wasn't a problem for me, but might annoy some.

Some of the reception staff were really lovely and helpful, despite my limited Spanish, but the service overall was pretty inconsistent.

• Liked — great location close to the Mezquita
  • Disliked — cranky manager with Basil Fawlty-standard customer service skills
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sonia H

Travelers are raving about these Cordoba hotels

Seattle
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We traveled in May with a group of friends, 6 of us and 2 cars. Arriving in Cordoba and figuring out how to get to this hotel was a challenge, however it was well worth the hassle for the convenience of triple rooms and secure parking. Our group had a windowless room on the first floor (window facing inside the building, which is odd), and an outward facing room on the upper floor with a small balcony and partial view of the Mesquita - request the later if you are able. A note about parking if you are arriving by car, take the hotel's phone number. They will lower the gate (not exactly a gate, just a tall post that blocks cars from entering the city), once you unload the car (there are signs to the hotel), someone from the hotel will escort you to the garage. The garage is tight, but secure.

Arriving at the Mesquita early in the morning ahead of the crowds is well worth it!! We were also in town during the annual Feria, which is also worth checking out. Tents are not private as in Seville, so you can go from tent to tent enjoying the sangria and the locals in their flamenco wear.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Difficulty in arriving and departing by car
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Biztravler
toronto
Reviewed June 8, 2008

The only good thing about this hotel was the location since it was right next to the Mosque, the most popular tourist attraction in Cordoba. The room was small and the two single beds were very soft. The bathroom was small and a bit dirty. But we had our worst experience here during our one week travelling in Andalucía with another couple. As with all the other places we stayed, my husband booked two rooms through the hotel.com and got two confirmation numbers with proper names for each of the two rooms. But the staff at this check-in said there was only one room booked under my husband's name. We gave them the email confirmation with the two confirmation numbers and the corresponding names but they insisted only one room was booked. They then offered us another room at the spot to accommodate our friends. We thought that was fine but later we found that we were charged for three rooms. They now said that we had booked two rooms in the first place and we never cancelled the room under our friend's name. What a sham! They refused to refund the amount for that extra empty room. What made us mad was later in the evening we saw the staff opening a few rooms for a walk-in tourist to choose. That means they actually had a few openings in the hotel, not that they were holding an empty room at a cost.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank azalea8
Valparaiso
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We stayed 2 nights. The hotel is well located, clean, a bit noisy sometimes. Lobby decoration is kitschy. Our room was small with the bare basics. Rooms have metal doors that get hot in summer time and do not provide much noise insulation.

Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding regarding phone fees. You get charged for even trying to make a phone call. We complained with the person at the front desk and then the owner (I think). No written explanation of phone charges was available. We complained that we were being charged for phone calls that did not go through. The owner is a short of temper kind of person. When my wife and I agreed to pay for the fees, which were slightly unreasonable, we suggested that they provided guests with a list of fees. The owner started to yell at us and threw the money over the counter back to us. I thought that he was going to get physical. After that, we tried to avoid him. This is the only time we have seen anything like this, and we travel frequently in Europe and the Americas.

Cordoba has plenty of hotels near the mezquita. Try to avoid this one. If you have to stay here, beware of the staff if there is any misunderstanding or complaint.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff, service.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseff
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Hotel location is very close to the Mezquita - about 50m and is nestled within the narrow streets of Cordoba. Our stay here was enjoyable and comfortable. The hotel and its rooms had white marble floors and a number of moorish decorative items. Reception staff were friendly. Our room (triple) was spacious, though the bathroom was small - the bath is not a full length bath (more like half-length). Our room rate was not the cheapest, probably due to the location to the Mexquita, and breakfast is extra. Parking is available from the hotel for an extra charge - 12 Euro - but the parking garage is about 400m away. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Cordoba, because everything is within walking distance of the hotel.

• Liked — Its location to the Mezquita
  • Disliked — Room rate
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family