Cordoba in August is hot. REALLY HOT! It is therefore wonderful to have a hotel up on the hill, with a nice breeze, nice view, and a refreshing pool. And this is exactly what the Occidental offers.
The hotel is located about five minutes (by car) north of Cordoba’s center. Not a problem, because parking in Cordoba is much less of a challenge than in many other Spanish cities. So you can enjoy town, and then drive the short distance and enjoy a quick dip in the pool and the view from the large, well shaded, lawn at the hotel. Come evening, drive back to town for further exploration. Sure beats staying in a tiny, stifling room in downtown Cordoba.
Alas, don’t even thing about staying at the Occidental if you don’t have a car. There is nothing within walking distance, except for an affluent residential neighborhood.
The parking at the hotel is plentiful and free. The food, as many or the reviewers stated, is completely overpriced. But who cares – it’s five minutes to all the restaurants in town.
The rooms are large in European standards (quite small compared to American hotels) and the air conditioning effective. The lobby is impressive, and very clean.
The area and the hotel are very quite. A prefect venue for a good night sleep.
Bottom line: a perfect place if you have wheels. I will return if I am ever back in Cordoba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel set in former Seminary in peaceful setting with landscaped, parklike grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Ayre Hotel Cordoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Cordoba córdoba
- Occidental Cordoba Hotel córdoba