“Excellent”
Review of Ayre Hotel Cordoba

Ayre Hotel Cordoba
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed twice at this hotel, once on the way down to Jerez and then on the way back. Hotel is set in large grounds with ample free car parking, free Wifi and is located a 5 minute walk from a bus stop which takes you in to the town of Cordoba. Beware buses run every 30 minutes and finish at 11pm so bit early if you want a night out, however taxis back from the old town cost around 10euros which is reasonable. Bus costs 1.20 euro per person single. If you walked it would take around 45 minutes to the centre of the Old Town. Bedroom was very large and the decor was starting to look a bit dated but everything worked and was clean and presentable. Breakfast was excellent lots of choice and served from 7.30am until 11am. Hotel has lots of coach groups in over the weekend so try and avoid breakfast when they are eating as it can be very hectic. Nice bar area and outside terrace, overall a great place with free car parking

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J099
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit and for sharing such a nice and comprehensive review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities, our services and our gastronomy.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me directly, it will be a great pleasure for me to welcome you on your return.

There are newer reviews for Ayre Hotel Cordoba

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a very enjoyable three days here last week. Enjoyed the pool, the outdoor bar and the excellent breakfasts. Very comfortable beds but poor soundproofing so you heard noise from adjoining rooms and bathrooms! Reception staff very helpful at all times. Bus into city centre very convenient. Horse show at Los Caballerizas Reales a must see.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor - no noise from public areas.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for your patronage and for sharing such a nice and comprehensive review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities, our services and the city.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit should you consider I could be of any assistance. It would be for me a great pleasure to welcome you on your return from the beautiful Scottish Highlands.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and we were delighted to see that the swimming pool was still open when we arrived. It was announced that the swimming pool would be closed but it was really hot so we were happy to see that it was open. You see that the hotel could use a bit renovation. Everything is still nice but here and there you see that it needs a bit renovation. But we stayed only for two nights so that was not an issue. Breakfast was good and lots of choices. Best way to go to the city centre is by bus i think. We left our car at the hotel and took the bus. There is a bus every half hour and from there on you can go on foot. Friendly staff, very nice rooms. We had a normal room and it was very very large. I think it was about 40 square metres without the bathroom. I should go back there for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear valued guest,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities, our services and our gastronomy and very pleased to read that you plan to visit us back in a future visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during 3 nights. Small things were out of order.
The safe did not function and the toilet had to be fixed. This of in our opinion not ok for a 4 star hotel. Otherwise, it was VERY convenient with the bus to town in the morning. We will still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear valued guest,
We are very pleased that you chose to stay at Ayre Hotel Córdoba and we are thankful for your patronage.
I am very glad that you found the free shuttle to the city centre and historic quarters convenient and saw our hotel as worth recommending.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences regarding the safe and toilet malfunctions.
Thank you once again for your feedback which we find invaluable for improving the quality of our services and facilities. We would very much like to have you again with us in the future. It would be with great pleasure that I would personally welcome you or anyone you would refer us to. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Director.cordoba@ayrehoteles.com

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The Ayre Hotel is in a very smart residential area a ten minute bus ride from Cordoba or around 8 euros in a taxi. It has free onsite parking in covered bays and it has large grounds and a good pool. It also had floodlit tennis courts. Its a large hotel but is only 3 floors high so it doesn't feel huge. There is not much happening inside the hotel except reception and breakfast. There is a pool terrace and restuarant and we ate there 2 nights running. The food and drinks were very reasonable and there was a vegetarian option. The service was slow but only because they could have had more staff. Everything arrived eventually if you dont mind a wait. Our room had a balcony and was quite spacious. Very good value for the 60 euros a night that we paid. We stayed for a second night and would go back. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear valued guest,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities and our services.
Please accept my apologies for the at times less than prompt service. As the one responsible for the hotel operations, I will closely monitor our service times in an effort to find improvement opportunities.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit should you consider I could be of any assistance. It would be for me a great pleasure to welcome you on your return from beautiful Scotland.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at Ayre Hotel in Cordoba for one night during our Malaga, Cordoba, Granada, Seviile, Lisbon trip in late August. The hotel was airy and full of light with a very nice outside area, pool, and cafe/bar with very helpful staff. It was a very nice hotel to relax outside and felt like a resort compared to a hotel in the city.. This hotel was our travel company's choice, that's why I can not say much about the cost of staying here. We did not experience any problems except a little glass roof repair. The breakfast was adequate.. We would recommend this hotel, especially in the summer months, when you need to relax and feel refreshed in its pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear valued guest,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities and our services.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that the repair works in the halls glass roof may have caused you.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit would you consider I could be of any assistance, it would be for me a great pleasure to greet you on your return.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is located outside of Cordoba, around 10 minutes by taxi (8-10 Euros) or buses every 30 minutes from the main road outside.

There are nice gardens, tennis courts, a pool and outside bar to relax in and feels more like traditional resort than the hotels based in the city centre.

The reception staff were really helpful when asked for assistance with taxis etc

The hotel had been damaged by a storm before we arrived which left part of the reception area open to the elements and part of the Hotel bar facilities closed. There needed to be more information about this when you check into the hotel, to at least explain the strange sight on arrival.

Breakfast was adequate, basic continental with a small choice of fruit.

The room was functional, clean and fairly unremarkable but the beds squeaked when you sat on them or moved around in the night.

Dear valued guest,
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that the repair works in the halls dome top may have caused you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit would you consider I could be of any assistance, it would be for me a great pleasure to greet you on your return.