“You need to like reading”
Review of Casa de Sefarad

Casa de Sefarad
Ranked #14 of 142 things to do in Cordoba
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was looking forward to what I knew was only a little museum but to be honest I was a little disappoiinted.

I did not really find out that much about the Jewish culture - and what was on offer in the rest of the rooms required too much reading for a vacation.

I think if there was an audio interpretation of the materials I would have enjoyed it more - and I would have been prepared to have paid more for the experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

wonderful museum for jews and non-jews alike. gives great understanding of the history of spanish jewry and the whole era of the golden age. don't miss it!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A good summary of sepharitic Jewish life. We went to a flamenco concert there in the evening which was great

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Good explanation of what life was like for jews in the area before expulsion. Much care went into the exhibits.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well done museum in the home of Maimonides, an impressive Jewish scholar. Interesting small shop and well-done displays. Opens at 11 and often has evening shows, so check the schedule ahead of time. We missed out on a Flamenco show we would have enjoyed the day we arrived.