“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant just to have a single course but the menu was so attractive we ended up having a starter, main course and a dessert. The menu was very intriguing and i wished we were staying in Cordoba a bit longer so that I could have gone back to try other dishes . The black pudding offered as a starter was superb and the Iberico Pork with roast potatoes with melted blue cheese on top was superb. Lovely decor and bathroom was clean.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have all been to Cordoba a few times....we stay in Frigiliana (near Nerja) and are always looking for something different..... well after out walking and coming across the mouthwatering menu we gave it a try!!! Outstanding food service and surroundings!!!!
We went last Thursday evening we will def be back!!!! Very good!!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

After being in Andalucia for 3 days we were a bit frustrated with the food and wanted a change. We especially went to Amaltea for lunch because we wanted some good food and our guide book had given it as a recommendated place not to miss.

All I can say is that it was not what we expected... the food looked fresh, e.g. salad, etc. but it was not great value and a bit boring really. I wasn't excited about the cooking and flavours... nothing we tried I couldn't have conjured up myself at home. Given the prices we paid it was really not brilliant. Best dish was the pasta with fresh tomatoe that we got for my son.

The service was good - very friendly and good english which was a plus. Decor was pleasant.

Other thing to note was the lack of a high chair, which is strange considering that everyone in that day was a tourist... perhaps not standard for Spain, but, for example, Brits expect it. How much does a high chair cost!?

Reviewed October 15, 2012

After 6 nights in Spain my husband and I had grown tired of the standard Tapas fare and longed for something deliciously different. We were delighted to find this gem near the river just a few steps from the Mezquita. The ambiance was romantic and laid back with soft global/chill music playing, low-lighting, a grand stretch of windows overlooking the river, and perhaps 10 tables in the entire place. We arrived promptly at 8:30pm to grab a table and as luck would have it, we received the last available table. We shared a wonderful salad with figs, cashews and pomagranate seeds, and for entrees my husband had the curried leg of lamb and I had the tataki tuna - it was to DIE for! Perfectly seared with a beautifully cold center and a superb cut of tuna that would rival my favorite sushi restaurant. We finished by sharing a fig compote with cream - and the cream was frozen. The lightly sweet flavors of the fig and the melting cream are something that is already under discussion for attempted recreation at home. If you want traditional spanish food...walk on by, but if you want REALLY GOOD food, you must try Amaltea.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

nice, creative way of using traditinoal cuisine in a cool/chic ambiance. de-li-ci-ous food! masterly service.

1  Thank palindrom