“Excellent Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I had a very good Sushi here. I ordered Maki Surimi and Maki Cono. Both so tasty. Fresh stuff! Friendly and cheerful staff.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel Cordoba Center across the road, and was surprised to find a Japonese restaurant within a minute walk.

Ordered vegetarian Maki Sushi, but it came with crab, the waitress was super quick in noticing and swapped it out for a fresh batch. No messing around.

On noticing I was vegetarian, she started to recommended vegetarian options on the menu.

Super polite and super friendly., the food was excellent too.

I would definitely recommend and come for another feed tomorrow.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I just singed up to TripAdvisor just to mention the horrible experience my girl and i had.
The wait staff were rude the moment we walked in, no greetings or hello or anything just showed us to the table..
The first few plates came quick (edemame, springrolls, wakame/seaweed and miso)
From there it when down hill quickly.. we received our sushi plater and i quickly realized it was garbage as the fish was cut so thin so discolored (like it was pumped with water) and dripping wet, so gross.. but i tryed to enjoy and my girl is shy and it was our last night together so i wanted to enjoy.. i said nothing.
Finally 10minutes later my dish arived.. i waited few minutes to decide if i could actually eat this.. we were so hungry and i just wanted to enjoy her company. I got Teriyaki chicken and it looked like someone had already chewed my food for me..
My girl saw i was upset and asked me please not to say nothing.. i couldn't contain myself and asked the waiter if any of the food was fresh or even edible..
she proceded to talk to me as if it was my first japanese experience TELLING me i was wrong and there was nothing wrong with the food?? ( the Chinese child working)
This point my girl was getting imbarest (she's from Korea, didnt want to make a scene).. I said fine charge us less for the food we didnt eat and she refused to listen anything we had to say trying to educate us on food.
I have been head chef in a Japanese restaurant in JAPAN for 2 years and have cooked professionaly for 12..
My expectations where low but i would never dreamed to be treated so disrespectfully like this night. The meal was only 48 euros not much but a sure waste of money..
Truly sad as it was our last night together:(
P.s i will go back next day to speak with the manager as there was no one with any idea what they where talking about..

dissatisfaction complete. So sad.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank Wander750452
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Try udon soup, typical average udon souo to my asian taste, and the soup a litle bit salty but still consider as good food since hard to find japanese food in cordoba

Date of visit: October 2017
Gabriel C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Restaurante Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Thanks for your opinion, Rostono.

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

When no other restaurants were open and even our hotel's room service let us down, the food and service at Restaurante Tokyo restored our faith! Gyosas are a necessity!

Date of visit: December 2016