All reviews rooftop terrace private hammam old town original features small hotel beautiful boutique hotel quiet side street old house fresh orange juice hotel experience restaurant recommendations modern conveniences narrow streets location was perfect moorish style central cordoba breakfast was delicious
Selected filters

Wonderful buffet
Wonderful location
Wonderful weather
Wonderful food

Córdoba is a perfect destination to travel with friends and winter time is a great season for it.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Miquel T
AMIN E, Team Madinat at Hotel Madinat, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear Miquel T, we believe that you have forgotten something: customers like you, that you are really wonderful and that you make our work a wonderful adventure every day. We will be happy to welcome you again in Madinat, at the station of your choice.
Team Madinat

Reviewed December 24, 2017

We had a great stay at Hotel Madinat! We booked two rooms. The only word of caution - do not try driving up to the hotel, it is inaccessible by car (found this out the hard way…) There is a parking lot down by the river, just make sure to get directions before you arrive. It is not far from the hotel at all.
The hotel is really beautiful and the people are very friendly. Fantastic terrace with a great view, Turkish bath, and an amazing breakfast (delicious, great selection of fruit, eggs, pastries, etc). Would highly recommend this hotel! Thanks for a great stay.Very
easy to walk around the city, a beautiful city!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan K
AMIN E, Team Madinat at Hotel Madinat, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

Thank you very much for such a warm, affectionate and exhaustive comment, as for encouraging other visitors to Córdoba to stay in Madinat. We were delighted to have you and your family with us. We hope that soon we can see you again in your house in Córdoba, Madinat.
Team Madinat wishes you and your family a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in the Abucasis room. The location of the hotel is fantastic - 5 min walk to the Mezquita and a few min walk to all the restaurants. The check in was smooth and staff spoke great English and gave very good advice for where to eat and what to see. The hotel design is wonderful and there is a cute roof top terrace. The bed was very comfortable and room was very clean. Only thing is that you better be very comfortable with your travel partner. The bathroom/shower and main room are all linked (no real bathroom door).

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank zzzzzzgirl
AMIN E, Madinat Team at Hotel Madinat, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2017

The Madinat Team thanks you for your comment. Guests like you also "exceed all our expectations", and make our work a pleasant daily challenge.
We wish you a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Before explaining what happened during my stay, I would like to say that this is not the first time I stayed in a hotel, I’ve being in different countries and I had the chance to be in many hotels.

In order to choose the perfect place for myself and my wife, I always look for unique and hidden jewels everywhere I go and Madinat Hotel had everything I was looking for (Good location, exquisite decoration, magnificent rooms, relaxing and charming areas, good reviews about all the services they offer including the treat of the staff).

So, I didn’t doubt it and I book a Double Standard Room with breakfast included (the price was perfect for everything they were offering), so me and my wife were really happy and excited to discover this capital of the Muslim Empire.

When I booked I received and email explaining how to get to the hotel and informing us that if we would like to book a parking space they will need us to send then our plate registration number in order to make the booking in the parking which is not located in the same building but in a different one (a few meters away).

That was a nice and a professional touch and we appreciate this kind of gestures because is what makes the difference with other hotels.

The day of the arrival we were travelling from Seville and we took our time in order to finishing exploring the marvellous surroundings of the capital of Andalusia.

Our ETA was between 18:00 / 19:00 but in the end, we arrive to Cordoba around 20:00 and first thing we did was going directly to the parking that they told us our reservation was made, when we arrive we saw that the main panel at the entrance said “FULL”, we called the hotel and told us that not to worry about the panel, that our reservation was made and we only needed to approach our car to main barrier and that would automatically be opened because our plate number was preregister.

After following their instruction nothing happened and we called then again, after 5 min on hold (expending money on our phone for a mistake they made) the receptionist said that they didn´t have our plate number on file and that in order to make a parking reservation we should had sent then an email with that information (Something that we did).

We asked them to give us a solution or an alternative, they told us to give them a called after 5 min that they would try to find us an alternative (once again we are expending our money with their mistake and our precious, in every hotel I stayed they were then to call us if there was a problem but this hotel seamed that they didn’t want to expend money on international calls).

After 15 min driving around the area and without an answer, I asked one local people if there was an area where we could park, with my terrible Spanish question, this kindly person point us to an open area crossing the bridge.

Once I parked (21:15) I decided to go to the hotel myself in order to get some answers and an alternative.

After 15 min walking I finally get to the hotel and at that moment the receptionist was busy with other clients, he saw me and ignored me.

10 min later he finished and forgot about my existence, so I went directly to him and explained him all the situation, he said to me in a very poor English Speaking Skills that he forgot to manage our problem due that he was extremely busy with other clients (How is this possible? Only one receptionist for the whole hotel?)

He said that he was going to call another parking that it was a bit far from the previous one (No apologies at all for this mistake and he was continuing to protect himself saying that we didn´t send an email requesting a parking space, so I took my phone and opened my gmail account in order to show him that I did send that email, once he read it, he changed his version and know he said that he didn’t know what happened because he was new and that he didn’t manage this request)

He gave a map and showed me where the parking was (15min away from the hotel) I asked him if someone could give us a hand with our luggage and what a surprise, he said that he was alone and there was no one else in the hotel to give us a hand (a 4* hotel with no bellboy? Is this seriously real? Yes, it is, what a start for us).

After arriving to the parking and get to the hotel again, we were finally ready to do our checking (2h 30 min later of our arrival).

Checking was ok, the receptionist explained everything about the city and gave us some recommendation about where to eat.

He escorted us to our room (BOOM, another surprise) as I mentioned before we booked a Double Standard and our room was located in the main floor and main patio
“Albolafia” was the name of our room.

A room with a poor lighting, no windows to the outside just to the patio, a really bad smell like humidity but when I made the reservation in the website said that one of the features of this type of room was that it has a balcony and obviously no balcony at all.

I spoke to the receptionist about that (even showed him the printed reservation where said that the balcony was one of the features) and he said to me that only the superior rooms had balcony, that there was nothing he could do (His poor English made every even more difficult to me).

I asked him that they were lying to the customers and that I wanted a solution, once again he said that there was nothing he could do that they were fully booked.

I went to my room and check on internet the availability for this night and what a surprise a Superior Room was available (What amount of lies).

Anyways it was only for one night and I’ve had enough, we only wanted to eat something, take a shower and a good sleep.

We decided that we didn´t want to go out for dinner and we called the front desk to ask if the restaurant was opened for dinner, the receptionist said yes that they had a short menu but really good. So, we went to the restaurant and order a couple of “Tostas” and something to drink.

When the dishes arrived, the bread was cold for not saying frozen with a colourless smoked salmon, I explained the receptionist what was happening and he took the dishes away and said that he was going to prepare new ones (Yes, a receptionist working as a chef, nothing more to say…)

I said to him not to bother that we didn’t want new ones, that he or his superior could eat this aberration of food.

Thanks god that google maps showed us a Burger King near and safe us the night.

The next morning, we went for breakfast and I must say that the decoration was superb, plenty of fresh cutted fruit, fresh fruit juices, a good selection of cold meat cuts, yoghurts, Spanish omelette, fresh bakery (or that was what they told me the night before).

We took a seat and they asked us if we wanted coffee and we said yes, in the meantime we self-served some fruit, some yoghurt, a portion of Spanish Omelette, some orange juice and some bakery.

The coffee was disgusting (Burned Taste), the fruit was acceptable, my wife took a fruit salad and it was in bad condition, the omelette was frozen (disgusting), the bakery was from the day before and some from the day, the yoghurt were in a little jars and when I opened the lid I saw that it was rusty and the jar had a white hard crust ( I even didn’t try this hazardous yoghourt) and finally the orange juice was flavourless, unsweet, acid and not fresh (probably leftovers from other days).

That is what I called a well-served top breakfast (ours was included in the rate but if you don’t have it included prepare yourself to get ripped 15€ per person)

Once and no more Madinat, you still need to learn what a great hospitality means and how to manage to get the excellence, you should call yourselves lucky to be the number 1 on tripadvisor, because the reality is beyond of what you offer.

Have a look and learn from some competitors of you like the HOSPES PALACIO DEL BAILIO, that’s real hospitality (even if they are a 5*).

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank TheFullTravelerPack
Reviewed December 16, 2017

We stayed at Hotel Madinat during the December bank holiday weekend and we were absolutely delighted with our stay. From the moment we booked, we received constant updates and communication from the staff. The hotel helped us with booking a car-parking spot as it is difficult to find parking in Cordoba. Yolanda and Mansour were an absolute delight and attended to our every need. We were travelling with our two children and we felt a genuinely warm welcome and enjoyed the care and attention of all the hot staff. The rooms were decorated beautifully and we were very pleased with the amenities provided. Breakfast was sumptuous - a range of hot and cold foods, along with made-to-order items directly from the kitchen were easily available. In terms of location, this hotel is unbeatable - situated a maximum of 5 min walk from the mosque-cathedral and more or less the same distance from all the main sights in Cordoba. What a gem of a place. Don't think twice - book now and you won't be disappointed!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 836chirags
AMIN E, Team Madinat at Hotel Madinat, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thank you very much for your loving and exhaustive commentary and, of course, for giving us part of your time to write it. We will be happy to receive you again, at your home in Córdoba. Thanks, also for recommending Madinat to other travelers visiting Cordoba.