“Nice evening with good food”

Casa Pepe de la Juderia
Ranked #30 of 920 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: SELECTED BY MICHELIN GUIDE 2017 This restaurant is located in the core of the Jewish quarter from 1930, a few steps from the Mosque-Catedral. You can enjoy traditional local and Andalusian food with a touch of innovation made with high quality products. Ancient and beautiful building built around a patio, and decorated with contemporary art paintings. Amazing rooftop terrace overlooking the Mosque-Cathedral.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

At the suggestion of the porter of the hotel, we went to Casa Pepe. The meal was excellent. We were a party of nine and were given a private room. Our waiter was attentive. While some reviews indicated that the service was erratic, our service wasn’t. The lamb shoulder was one of the best dishes we have ever had. We’d highly recommend this place. My hake fish place was quite good. We had a great time at this restaurant and would recommend it. (To be fair, however, some other members of our group went there the following night and didn’t have as good a meal or experience we had.) Dinner with some beverages and water was about 40 euros per person.

There are newer reviews for Casa Pepe de la Juderia

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although I live in the UK, I'm Spanish and was born in Cordoba. We were looking of ways to surprise our parents to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. As they started their married live in Cordoba, we felt it would be a good place to make a quick visit to from my parents' current home in Malaga. Well ... we couldn't have chosen a better venue for the celebrations. Casa Pepe were superb from planning to delivery. They put together a bespoke menu for us, took the time to print it and make it tailored to my mum & dad, they allocated a superb private dining room for us, all the wine and drinks were included, the surprised them with a cake and cava. The service was outstanding and the quality of the food brilliant. And, you know? It was amazing value for money. I had some reservations whether it would be a 'touristy' restaurant but not at all. I couldn't recommend Casa Pepe highly enough. Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Thank you.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Good, fresh food, a reasonably wide selection of dishes. I found the place and decor was trying to make itself a notch higher than the typical restaurant offering the same fare, which may or may not be a good thing according to your point of view. Prices a tad high, likely due to the touristy location

CabezasRomero, comercial at Casa Pepe de la Juderia, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Mr.
Thank you for your opinion and your constructive criticism.
It helps us improve the quality of the dining experience we provide our customers.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stopped in for tapas and ordered off the tapas menu. Atmosphere in the dining room was pretty stale because the walls are stark white and the few couples around us weren't talking very much.

Ordered wine, which was alright - I wasn't given a choice of what I would like, so they just provided whatever was open. At least wine prices are reasonable.

Pricing is in line with other restaurants in the tourist part of Cordoba, if maybe a tad less expensive.

Bathrooms were very clean and smelled like bleach (I like the smell of bleach in a bathroom).

Food was pretty good. Too many of the items we ordered were pre-packaged or frozen and not fresh, which in my mind is not acceptable. If I wanted to eat a frozen meal, I would have grabbed one from a grocery store. Those that were fresh were quite tasty. I really enjoyed the aubergines with honey: that was very unique.

Service was way too slow. They forgot part of our order. I had to remind two servers to bring the rest of our food. No one checked up on us or made sure we had everything; we had to flag multiple people down. They had a rotating group of servers coming through, not one dedicated server per table, and our order wasn't being relayed properly.

It then took another 30 minutes, three servers and the manager to get the bill. Good thing I didn't have tickets to a show or something. I even asked for it in Spanish. It got to the point where I was prepared to leave without paying if they didn't produce my bill. The manager was called to our table by another server, probably because of my tone (angry) and the look on my face (also angry). She apologized and promptly produced the bill. Discount for the inconvenience? Of course not!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good friendly service, as ever in Andalusia nice wine and beer, we had a good combination of meat and fish dishes between the five of us and all were left satisfied, Excellent presentation and decent portion size. The restaurant had a nice traditional Andalusian atmosphere. Well worth a visit. Excellent location close to all tourist attractions.