“A little pompous for the offered fare”

Casa Pepe de la Juderia
Ranked #40 of 1,013 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SELECTED BY MICHELIN GUIDE 2017 This restaurant is located in the core of the Jewish quarter from 1930, a few steps from the Mosque-Catedral. You can enjoy traditional local and Andalusian food with a touch of innovation made with high quality products. Ancient and beautiful building built around a patio, and decorated with contemporary art paintings. Amazing rooftop terrace overlooking the Mosque-Cathedral.
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Good, fresh food, a reasonably wide selection of dishes. I found the place and decor was trying to make itself a notch higher than the typical restaurant offering the same fare, which may or may not be a good thing according to your point of view. Prices a tad high, likely due to the touristy location

CabezasRomero, comercial at Casa Pepe de la Juderia, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Mr.
Thank you for your opinion and your constructive criticism.
It helps us improve the quality of the dining experience we provide our customers.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,393)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stopped in for tapas and ordered off the tapas menu. Atmosphere in the dining room was pretty stale because the walls are stark white and the few couples around us weren't talking very much.

Ordered wine, which was alright - I wasn't given a choice of what I would like, so they just provided whatever was open. At least wine prices are reasonable.

Pricing is in line with other restaurants in the tourist part of Cordoba, if maybe a tad less expensive.

Bathrooms were very clean and smelled like bleach (I like the smell of bleach in a bathroom).

Food was pretty good. Too many of the items we ordered were pre-packaged or frozen and not fresh, which in my mind is not acceptable. If I wanted to eat a frozen meal, I would have grabbed one from a grocery store. Those that were fresh were quite tasty. I really enjoyed the aubergines with honey: that was very unique.

Service was way too slow. They forgot part of our order. I had to remind two servers to bring the rest of our food. No one checked up on us or made sure we had everything; we had to flag multiple people down. They had a rotating group of servers coming through, not one dedicated server per table, and our order wasn't being relayed properly.

It then took another 30 minutes, three servers and the manager to get the bill. Good thing I didn't have tickets to a show or something. I even asked for it in Spanish. It got to the point where I was prepared to leave without paying if they didn't produce my bill. The manager was called to our table by another server, probably because of my tone (angry) and the look on my face (also angry). She apologized and promptly produced the bill. Discount for the inconvenience? Of course not!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good friendly service, as ever in Andalusia nice wine and beer, we had a good combination of meat and fish dishes between the five of us and all were left satisfied, Excellent presentation and decent portion size. The restaurant had a nice traditional Andalusian atmosphere. Well worth a visit. Excellent location close to all tourist attractions.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was a special birthday meal and we had a table on the rooftop. Service was slow to begin with and then got intrusive. Main meal was overcooked and the final bill steep. Disappointed as reviews had been good.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Enjoyed a well presented meal her complimented by friendly service from our waiter. Entrees and main meals were excellent with the standard fare of leg of lamb being perfectly cooked. One of our party will not be silenced about his satisfaction with the sweet selection of arabian treats.