“Great Andalusian restaurant with proper service”

Casa Pepe de la Juderia
Ranked #31 of 884 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is located in the core of the Jewish quarter. You can enjoy typical food from Cordoba made with high quality products in an ancient and beautiful building built around a patio, and decorated with contemporary art paintings. Don't forget visiting our upper terrace.
Andalusia, Spain
“Great Andalusian restaurant with proper service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We ate in the Restaurante (not tapas area) mid week in June.
We choose a salad to share, cod for main course & dessert to share.
All of the dishes were well presented & high quality produce.

The waiter was friendly & professional.
As this is a well known place in a highly touristic area I was expecting to be disappointed but I was happily surprised. This place deserves its long reputation for great Cordoba dining

We were seated in the typical patio with colourful plants & tiles around us. A great place

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Molly S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Good food in the centre of the Jewish Quarter”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Although others have complained of the duck confit, we found it to be very good with ample pear and jus. The staff could be a bit offish- except the girl on reception who was charming. It is difficult to find excellent food in Cordoba, but this we felt was of a perfectly acceptable Michelin standard. We were on the second floor which was a nice quiet haven after the bustle of Cordoba.

• Visited May 2013
moraira
“Overpriced, poor service and so little food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were a party of 10 people who were all very disappointed with our choice of this restaurant. My "duck confit" consisted of a leg of duck, with a lot of greasy skin, and a few bits of pear (possibly tinned) - cost 16 euros!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank janetwest
Australia
“I ate here twice during my stay”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I ate here twice during my stay - the first time on my own and I let the waiter choose for me and I wasn't disappointed (Cordoba Salmorejo and because I can't remember the correct name I will say braised oxtail - it was falling off the bone and delicious).

I returned with a friend a few days later and had an equally good meal choosing from the tapas menu. I think it was good value for money

• Visited May 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“nice personal touch to round of a good experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had booked for the terrace but there was noise from neighbouring equipment so we moved to the patio instead. The service was prompt and courteous and the food (Gallician steak for the wife, tuna for me) absolutely first class. However the wine by the glass was poor, not up to the standard offered in most Spanish restaurants. And the personal touch? The young waiter finds out who you are/where you're from and then presents you with plates marked up with the information. A bit kitschy but nice.

Visited May 2013