“A lovely evening”

Bodegas Mezquita Corregidor
Reserve with
Bodegas Mezquita Corregidor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 884 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bodega Mezquita. Tavern- traditional restaurant located in the Jewish quarter, close to MEzquita Catedral of Cordoba. An exceptional place where you can taste the best plates and tapas of cordovan gastronomy. Family business which we initiated our path in the 60s, is one of the favourite establishments as people from Cordoba as visitor from our city, when they want enjoy of authentic cordovan tapeo and best wines from our land. Cuisine which is made with traditional method, is essence of Andalucian gastronomic culture, with the best products from the rich cordovan land: Iberian ham, sheep cheese and meat from Valle de Los Pedroches, olive oil virgin extra, fortified wine from Montilla Moriles... As could not be otherwise, our specialities are: the famous Salmorejo Cordobes, Berenjenas a la miel, Flamenquin and Rabo de Toro. Our quality is recognised for numerous prize and honours like SICTED among others and the best guides to national and international travels too.
Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal here. The waitress Carmen was extremely friendly and helpful. Service was speedy despite the restaurant being busy. Food was tasty, cheese platter was delicious and a complementary glass of sweet wine to round off the meal was a nice touch. Inexpensive despite the location. Would return again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

there are much better places to eat in Cordoba so it's better to avoid this one.
obviously, the location right next to the Mezquita helps, but i would suggest that the quality of the food and the prices are worth of the "tourist trap" category.
find another place, even if it means walking a little bit more after your visit to the Mezquita: 4/10.

• Visited June 2013
Baldomero G, Propietario at Bodegas Mezquita Corregidor, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Sir, We feel much the problem with your menu. In our restaurants comes many people living in Córdoba and enjoy our food. We talk to our chef. Thank you for your comments will help us improve.

Regards
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visit Cordoba on a regular basis and give my reviews on the restaurants and attractions that I visit . I had been around the Mezquita area taking photographs for over three hours. I decided to stop for lunch. I had looked on Trip Advisor to see what Restaurants were recommended in the area. This restaurant came highly recommended by Trip Advisor visitors, therefore I felt I had to try this out.
The menu of the day is normally a good way to determine the quality of the food. I was not expecting 5 star food, just good quality . Unfortunately I got neither on this occasion.
What was wrong? For starter I elected to try the local potato salad. Trying to describe my disappointment in this case would be futile. For the main course again I opted for a simple dish of Meatballs with chips. The presentation was good, that was the only good thing about this part of the meal. On trying the meatball, the similarity to chewing cardboard definitely springs to mind. Lacking in seasoning and taste was not what I was expecting, For desert I chose the puff pastry torte again a local delicacy, and again not worth providing feedback on. In each case the plate of food was unfinished.
I tried to look for some good things to say in this review about this restaurant, but I find it difficult.
Would I recommend this restaurant to a friend? Definitely Not
Would I go back? Possibly to review it again next year
Value for money? Definitely not. Over priced, there are many more Bodegas that offer a good plate of food at a decent price

1 Thank Steve M
Dear Sir, We feel much the problem with your menu. The positive feedback we have in TripAdvisor are satisfied customers. We invite you to visit us and to give a better feeling. Thanks for your comment, it will help us improve.

Regards
Austin, Texas
“Best sangria I've ever tasted”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Food and service were outstanding, but if nothing else have a sangria (sorry, kids, this has alcohol). They have an in-house recipe that is amazing.

1 Thank McGuireTrips
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent place to eat in Cordoba”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was visiting Cordoba with my boyfriend and this restaurant came highly recommended to us. We were not disappointed. We wanted a place for some tapas and close to La Mezquita. There are two locations right in the main part of the historical district. This did not disappoint. The service was excellent, our server was Maria and she was great and fun. We ordered patatas bravas, which the menu said was caliente! Maria didn't think I would be able to eat all the potatoes since they were spicey but we finished them! They were delicious. We also had chorizo al vino which was excellent. A great place to go eat and get some excellent Spanish food.

• Visited June 2013