“Favorite place in Cordoba”

Taberna San Cristobal
Ranked #12 of 1,161 Restaurants in Cordoba
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at the "Taberna San Cristobal" is rich and varied uses high quality products with the best professional worked. It combines traditional dishes from Cordoba who make the founders, eggs and mayonnaise salmorejo, medallions, pomfret and streets to the current recipe made ​​with its own mess in the house, fried eggplant, oxtail, cod with tomato and spider from others. It is considered one of the best pubs and the best tapas in Cordoba.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve traveled 8 days in Spain and had our best meal so far at this local restaurant our B and B hostess recommended as where locals go. Alejandro, our server, was extremely patient with our poor command of Spanish. He went out of his way to please us. Taste of food exceptional. Easy to find with GPS. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Having walked quite a distance from the Roman Bridge to visit this restaurant it was quite disappointing to find it shut on a Sunday evening, despite both TA and the restaurant itself showed that it should be open.

Needless to say a grumpy wife and friends walked off leaving me dtaring at a shuttered and very closed restaurant. We went to Mercado Victoria instead. Grest meal there.

Date of visit: April 2019
tabernasancristobal, Gerente at Taberna San Cristobal, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Good afternoon, we are very sorry to come to our house outside opening hours, the schedule that we currently have is as posted on the Tripadvisor page, the dinner service starts at 8:30 p.m., anyway. We apologize and would like to have the opportunity to attend another day, you will understand that your opinion is not fair because you can not value our cuisine and service, I invite you to remove the opinion until you can prove us, greetings.

Reviewed April 19, 2019

Very nice and old tavern with very cozy atmosphere. The service is fast when it's not crowded, but the tavern will get very crowded towards the evening and then the service will of course be much slower. Service is though very good. The food itself is very basic, but very tasty.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

I was born in Cordoba, but I live in Luzern, Switzerland. As spanish, i miss our rich food. So, I should recommend this place totally, because you will eat a flavoured, rich and traditional spanish food with the best price.

When I go to my city home and I want to recover the meal when I was a kid I’m going to this place.

Super price, super quality and super good service.

So I hope that I can help you to find the best Spanish food over the town!

Samuel.

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I just got back from this amazing place. There were 30 of us all together, 3 teachers and 27 students. Manolo and Jose were so attentive to our students. They explained all course options and allowed students to practice their Spanish. We had a pre-arranged meal of many appetizers and main course and dessert. Each plate was beautiful and the food was sooo yummy. Even my most picky eater was happy! Manolo and Jose also made sure our vegetarians had their choice and offered many options for our indecisive vegetarian. Great experience to end our Spain trip! Fenomenal! Estupendo!