“Great modern hotel close to historic area at good value”
Review of Eurostars Palace

Eurostars Palace
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The hotel is well placed for the Mesquita/historic city area ( few minutes walk) with good parking facility underneath ( circa 10 euro a night). A very modern hotel with very large comfortable rooms. We especially liked the spa bath and the 2 showers in the glass walled bathroom. Great value.

There are newer reviews for Eurostars Palace

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Can't say enough good things of this hotel. At first sight we felt a bit of apprehension with the modern art exterior, but it was fabulous in all aspects. The rooms are spacious (a rarity for Europe) with very comfortable beds. The bath/shower area is very modern with a jacuzzi like tub that was divine after all the walking we did in Cordoba. I could tell the bath was kept very clean because once the shower had steamed up the room, you could see how well the maid had wiped the tile walls.
The staff were very attentive to all of our needs and we even observed them being extremely polite to some travelers who were up in arms swearing up a storm over their hotel parking bill.
The only drawback I can say is that they do not have computers in their business center, so you must bring your own to use.
It is across the street form one of the main entrances to the old walled city and very close to the main tourist attractions. Also a short cab ride from the train station.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank SSSteph
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed two nights here in a standard "AC room". Upon arrival I was impressed with the overall quality of the hotel. The staff at the checkin desk were friendly-ish, not amazingly welcoming, but not too miserable either.

Having booked on the AC website I wasn't quite sure what I'd already paid for, and was disappointed that no attempt was made to explain this to me. Instead I was constantly reminded of the free minibar in my room - great, but I'm not that bothered about having a free beer (1), or some soft drinks. It was only later on that I discovered that the options I'd specified (Wifi and breakfast) would need some further action on my part. It was when I enquired at the desk about these that one of the less than welcoming female staff made me feel awkward about asking. If looks could kill..

That aside, the room was very impressive. Walk-in his and hers showers, a whirlpool bath and his and hers basins. Nice LCD tv and comfortable bed. The view from the window was pretty impressive too, although this was when I first noticed that I could clearly hear the traffic even though the window was fully closed. This problem then became a real annoyance when at 3am I was woken up by the sounds of teenagers screaming and shouting in the park across from the hotel. It was certainly very noisy and went on for a good hour or so. Not what you'd expect on a Thursday night. Needless to say, the same was repeated on the Friday night. I'm very glad I took my earplugs with me!

For this reason, I'd be cautious about recommending the hotel. It has fantastic facilities, very relaxing and funky styling, but the noise is simply too much to put up with. Triple glazing, or just windows that are sealed properly would surely fix this.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I can"t say enough good things about this place. This place was a great value for the money. A very modern futuristic hotel similiar to the W Hotel chain in the USA but for far less cost. The accomodations were excellent.
The room has clean and comfortable and had a great view. It also had a king bed. Yes, you read me right, a KING bed in Europe. There is such a thing. Another unhrard of luxury in Europe was a free minibar. It had a rooftop pool as well although it was not open the day I stayed there. The location was great. You can walk to the Mesquita, The Roman Bridge, and the Castle of Christian Monarches. It was right across the street from the city walls. I walked to it from the train station. It was also convienent for those who are driving to Cordoba. I would highly recommend this place and would stay here again if I returned to Cordoba.

1  Thank Ron-from-NY
Reviewed September 27, 2010

After requesting for towels at the reception twice, We waited at the pool Area for towels for one Hour! The recommended parking lot was priced at 18€ (!) a day. Nobody warned us about this. Overall: nice room but very unfriendly Staff. Overpriced and Not worth the Five Stars.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We had a very nice experience in this hotel. The location is very good to visit the monuments of Cordoba and it is very easy to reach by car. If you don´t want to use the hotel parking (expensive!), one can park on the street nearby. Just one advice: if one is taking a shower and he does not like to expose to someone passing in the corridor, it is better to not open the room door!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This is a typical high quality AC hotel but it's location, which is great for visitng the old town of Cordoba, makes it very noisy as it is virtually surrounded by busy roads. None of our group managed a full night's sleep due to the traffic noise despite asking for quiet rooms. I could only recommend this hotel to people who can sleep through a lot of noise.