“Excellent food - just one little hitch”
Review of Vinateria Plaza Vieja - CLOSED

Vinateria Plaza Vieja
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had dinner here during our stay in Almeria and it was a spectacular dining experience, too bad one detail was quite annoying.

the pluses:
- fantastic food, very creative both on the presentation and on the taste!
- good wine list
- nice setting, both on the terrace and inside

the minus:
- the staff does not speak any foreign languages (we tried English and French). they do understand a little bit, but not much. so i hope that that was the reason for which we both received a main course (a fish) instead of the tapa that we had ordered. beside the significant difference in price, the biggest issue was that we were unable to eat it all so it was wasted (we were already almost full).

make sure you review your order with the staff at the end, but anyway, highly recommended for it's fantastic food: 8/10!

2  Thank Andrei I

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I feel embarrassed that this is the first review, having frequented this establishment for the last three years it has always delivered, and never disappointed. The cost is on average over the normal, however it pays in the service. Always relaxed after a visit. I can't recommend one dish as its constantly evolved, just go have a wine, share a few plates and finish with one of there many gins. Perfect.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you are looking for a first rate Spanish dining experience you will go a long way to find somewhere that matches Vinateria Plaza Vieja.Most notably is the service.The food is everything you expect from a Top restaurant with wonderful fish and Traditional Spanish dishes with a twist.The wine list is second to none.Located in a historical square, next door to a Roman bath and a charming boutique hotel. Our kids were able to play and run on the square while while we ate in a superbly appointed terrace, truly relaxing.
I would definitely recommend it as my best dinning experience
inSpain.
Dayan london

1  Thank Marinahove
Reviewed June 3, 2013

As a vegetarian it can be difficult to eat well in Spain but after I talked to the staff, the chef adapted the menu to suit my needs...and the food was divine! For atmosphere, service, quality and value for money I cannot fault this restaurant. I will return.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

A very wonderful experience. Having the "plaza vieja" gives a sense of historical presence.
But apart from all of this. The thing that made it shine for me was the food. My friends and I ordered the wine of the house and "jamon serano". Something to remember, of course the food kept coming but that was my favourite.
Mmmmmh I have to go back.