Tripadvisor
Almeria
All reviews previous owners great pool spaghetti westerns great hotel stayed here old town mediterranean port euro location alcazaba terrace
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2019

I was pleased i chose to stay at this hotel. Firstly the location is perfect. Its close to the sea and port and to the main shopping street. There are a lots of restaurants and shops close to the hotel.

The room was very spacious and had a balcony with a nice view of the Mediterranean.
The television had some English channels as well as Spanish. The bed was large and comfortable.

Breakfast was very good with a large range of hot and cold dishes.

All in all my stay was very enjoyable and i thought the hotel represented good value for the money i paid.

Date of stay: November 2019
Dirección O, Director General at Ohtels Gran Hotel Almeria, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Mr. Gillboy

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience with us and the rest of the readers. We hope you will visit us again soon and that your stay meets your expectations.

Best regards

Reviewed November 2, 2019 via mobile

Quite disappointed with my stay. Despite ringing the previous week to confirm the pool would be open during the time I was there ( the receptionist said that it was open all year ) I arrived to be told the pool was closed the day before even though the weather was good and it didn’t appear to be closed. Even when telling them I was informed it would be open I got no apology but instead a laugh in my face. I was also told that we couldn’t have late checkout even though the hotel was clearly not that busy, and the website states that if you book through ohtels you will get late checkout which is therefore false advertisement and the main reason I booked through the hotels website and not booking.com. The WiFi in the hotel is not great and the service at the bar is very slow.
If I had known the pool would be closed and late checkout was not available I simply would have cancelled my hotel and stayed elsewhere for less however was not given this opportunity as I was instead lied to.

It was clear that the hotel was off peak and therefore they did not bother to pay attention to people staying there. Very surprised this is a four star hotel.

When I emailed the hotel about my experience I got no reply which I find quite rude.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dirección O, Director General at Ohtels Gran Hotel Almeria, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2019

Dear katiee369,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Almeria.

Thank you again for choosing Gran Hotel Amería for your visit to Almería and for taking part of your time to write this comment. Your opinion is very valuable to us.

Our greatest motivation is to satisfy customers , so we appreciate your observation, and we get to work to make improvements in regards.
We hope to see you soon and give us another chance to improve your experience.

Receive a cordial greeting on behalf of the entire Gran Hotel Almería team.

Reviewed October 16, 2019

The fact that we came back to this hotels suggests it can't be all bad, the location, breakfast, pool and general cleanliness are excellent. The bar service is still slow (but a slight improvement) and the prices reasonably. The food menu could be improved and the food portions need to be consistent day to day as they vary a lot.
I have just noticed that Trip Advisor state this hotel has a gym and I believe this is incorrect, there used to be one under the previous owners but now the 7th floor (old gym location) is shut off. As always the free wi-fi could do with a boost.

Room tip: We preferred the standard room to the junior suite as they were better value for money
Date of stay: October 2019
Dirección O, Director General at Ohtels Gran Hotel Almeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you again for choosing Ohtels Gran Hotel Almería for your second time!

We agian thank you very much for taking part of your time to share your comments with all of us. It is certainly an added value that you can learn from your experience in our hotel.

Regarding to the gym, we are right now working on it. Thank you for your comment, we will not show it until it is open again.

Receive a cordial greeting on behalf of the entire Ohtels Gran Hotel Almería team.

Reviewed October 13, 2019

Great hotel , had a sea view overlooking port .Check in staff extremely helpful ,breakfasts first class again with helpful staff. Bar prices very good . Rooms cleaned to high standard daily would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Dirección O, Director General at Ohtels Gran Hotel Almeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2019

Dear Jim H,

Thank you again for choosing Ohtels Gran Hotel Almería for your stay in our city.
We are glado you have enjoyed our hotel. We very much apreciate your good comments in regards to our team.
We thank you very much for taking part of your time to share your comments with all of us. It is certainly an added value that we can learn from your experience in our hotel.

Receive cordial greetings on behalf of the entire Ohtels Gran Hotel Almería team.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

After a long day’s driving, we pulled up at the imposing Gran. Reception area is more suited to a hostel. My first disappointment was that no parking was available. The receptionist admitted they only had 10 spaces for 100 rooms. Not good enough. The first room viewed was stinking of stale smoke. The second , extremely small, was equally unacceptable. I requested an upgrade, or my money back and, eventually, I got the upgrade!
I would not recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dirección O, Director General at Ohtels Gran Hotel Almeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Almeria.

We are delighted to have attended you at Gran Hotel Almería. And first of all thank you for taking the time to write this comment. Your opinion is very valuable to us.

Our greatest motivation is that customers are at ease, so we appreciate your observation, and we get to work to make improvements in this regard. We invite you to visit us soon and live a more comfortable experience.
We hope to see you soon and improve the experience.

Receive a cordial greeting on behalf of the entire Gran Hotel Almería team.