“Probably the best Turkish kebab in Weimar and surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Munzur Kebap Haus

Munzur Kebap Haus
Ranked #80 of 147 Restaurants in Weimar
Cuisines: Turkish
Napoli
“Probably the best Turkish kebab in Weimar and surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Munzur lies in the hearth of Weimar, near Theaterplatz and Goetheplatz. My wife and I tried it on a summer evening when any other restaurant seemed closed (in Weimar, you know, you have to be careful about the closing time of restaurants!). We then learnt that Munzur stays open 'till late.
I will put it plain and simple: what a happy surprise it was!

The kebab stuff is delicious: the meat is tasty and soft, and the accompanying salad is crispy. You also have a fair choice of salads, felaffels and pizza. As I was born in Napoli, Italy, I was quite skeptikal at first about eating pizza there, but I must admit that, even though it is cooked in an eletric oven and not in the traditional wood oven they use in Napoli, Munzur's pizza is incredibly soft, even compared to many electrically-cooked pizzas you may find in parts of Italy outside of Napoli.
To complete your dinner, you can have Beck's beer, wine, and as dessert you may want to try baklava, which is a sweet pastry made with honey, nuts and other ingedients I still have to figure out.

Munzur is often used as a take-away place, but it has a warm room indoor, and some outdoor tables covered by large umbrellas (they are not on the road, so it is a tranquil place to stay when it is not too cold outside). But take notice: sometimes you risk to keep waiting at the table indefinetly, so better you order what you want at the desk, and ask if they will take food to your table or you'd better do it yourself.

What will probably blow out your mind is the price: we ate until totally full, drank two beers and two glasses of red wine, and guess what? We paid less than 10 € per person. Not bad!

• Visited August 2012