1,127 results
All reviews nice hotel perfect stay excellent breakfast parking garage comfortable rooms good size free wifi germany facilities
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We had a lovely stay in the Pentahotel but the only problem we encountered was that the food service was quite slow when we had lunch on our last day. The staff were busy setting up the restaurant for an event so we ate in the bar room. This was not a problem but we were not made to feel very welcome and there was a lack for staff around so we didn't feel looked after and the service was quite slow. The food was delicious.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thomas N, Manager at pentahotel Gera, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment.
Apologize for the inconveniences you had. We spoke with the staff already to clear the point.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel from the Penta group, you cam use without any doubts when yu are in the Sachsen region. Excellent breakfast, comfortable rooms incl airco, good staff @ the bar /terrace restaurant and efficiënt service at the reception. Price can be overrated at special events but throughout the year good value for money.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Thomas N, Manager at pentahotel Gera, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comment. It's a great feeling to get a good feedback from our foreign visitors. We try our best to make your stay pleasent and to keep your journey in a good memory for you.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

Having stayed at the Pentahotel Leipzig many times, I trusted that the hotel would somewhat match the sister hotel in Leipzig in style and service. Sadly, it does not. Actually, my room was a run down 70s design. Clean, but still worn.

Then, I came with an event and we had booked two conference rooms. As we have technical specs, I even had some one pre-checking (gosh, how I wish I had him check the rooms too....).

Sadly, the hotel changed the rooms and the one did not remotely match our specs - we could not get our equipment through its main door. We managed to run the show in the one room - which was quite an inconvenience.

The hotel SOLD the other room - and still want to charge us 50% for the room. It was clearly their fault. As the show was a great success and we had a full page review in two local newspapers - so it was appealing to do another show day .... but we passed.

Then, I took the team for dinner. It took almost an hour to get starters. The service was understaffed - and had the charm I remember from a 70s East German restaurant "ham wa nich" and "geht nich".

Only the extremely nice service at the reception could avoid a one star rating. I can not remotely understand that people rate this four, let alone five stars.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Thomas N, Manager at pentahotel Gera, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Dear Mr. Karp,

many thanks for your feedback and even the time you’ve spent for.
I agree, compared to other pentahotels, our Gera one looks different. But, like you wrote, it is clean, tidy and you’ll get a good value out of the money.
Regarding to the booked conference rooms, please excuse this inconvenience. This problem has been resolved.
I'll discuss your valuable feedback with my entire staff and hope to welcome you again soon at the penta hotel Gera.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

I stay regularly at this Penta since July 2017 and with each stay you see that the owners are cutting cost at the expense of comfort and the pleasure of staying at a hotel. The restaurant is now closed in the evening so if you want to have dinner you need to sit in a lobby where it is now cold and not pleasant. Staff is friendly but so scarce that you need to wait very long for a drink or food. They try hard but this hotel is understaffed. The infrastructure is spacious, good and clean. Last but not least: the wifi is ultra slow.

Date of stay: December 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thomas N, Manager at pentahotel Gera, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Vic,

thank you very much for your copious notes.
We take you comments to make the accommodation of the hotel better and try our best to make your stay pleasent and to keep your journey
in a good memory for you.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

It is really nice place to stay. Close to the center, market and really nice atmosphere. I love this place and when it will be possibie I will stay there again. The restaurant looks nice and food taste very good.

Date of stay: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thomas N, Manager at pentahotel Gera, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear Marta,

Thank you very much for your comment. It's a great feeling to get a good feedback from our foreign visitors. We try our best to make your stay pleasent and to keep your journey in a good memory for you.