“Good food, poor service”
Review of Cognito

Cognito
Order Online
Ranked #231 of 340 Restaurants in Erfurt
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Cafe
Reviewed May 25, 2019

I really like the feeling of Cognito, the atmosphere and the food on offer, but in my experience, the service can sometimes be poor, and the staff do not prioritise trying to serve customers. This week I went in wanting to order a vegan curry and went up to the counter to order. There was one member of staff there who asked, after I'd waited for a couple of minutes, if I was there to pick something up. I wasn't, because I wanted to order something, so he went back to preparing burgers for a delivery without any hint that he might take my order at some point, or any apology for the delay. There was a second member of staff over the other side who was chopping up oranges and equally uninterested in trying to take an order or interacting with customers. After several minutes of being ignored I decided to leave and eat at home.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

It could be an excellent informal restaurant where to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with a menu full of proposals vegetarian and gluten free. It's a trendy vegetarian restaurant but the staff is not informed at all about the needs of a person with celiac desease so be aware that the gluten free food is full of contamination and not suitable for this kind of desease. It's a real pitty because there are really few places in the city where you can find gluten free food.
I suggest only cakes and thai rice. Not cheap (cappuccino + cake eur 4,99).
Avoid burger because it's vegetarian and full of onion.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2018

We love the lunch we had here several week ago. Our orders were tasty, fresh, nutritious and coming from an interesting menu at a reasonable cost with a,great location and table for people watching, we rate this place as excellent!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Been here often but today was not what we were used to. Staff was incapable of taking an order for 2 burgers- we waited ages and then only one arrived. When we said we’d ordered 2, the staff was in the first instance rude and unhelpful. The staff then did make us another, but the first one was then cold. It only added to the dissatisfactory experience that the “hand cooked chips“ we had ordered as an extra to the burger turned out to be stale-tasting, bland crisps and not chips. That is of course the danger when Germans write half their menu in English. Will think hard before returning.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

This location is very nice, comfy and perfect if you want to relax. The food is fresh and tastes good. I can recommend to drink a Mango smoothie. Very delicious.
The staff was very friendly. It’s really worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2017