All reviews side street short business nice bathroom loved this hotel air conditioning old town wifi sauna elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Very pleasant and helpful reception staff. Meals were excellent apart from breakfast coffee.
Neither Wifi nor air-conditioning worked in many of the rooms so noise level at front was high with windows open.
Bed too soft for my liking. Excellent bathroom with good shower.
Hotel is in an excellent position for tourists. Aldi in shopping opposite the hotel on Anger.

Room tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the tram line on Anger. Trams seem to start at 04.15 approx so disturbed night with windows open.
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
HotelZumnorde, Manager at Hotel Zumnorde am Anger, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your valuation- we are glad to hear that all in all you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.
We have to apologize that the WIFI did not work properly in your room- the problem is fixed now.
Twenty of our 57 rooms have air condition- it will be our pleasure to reserve a room with air condition for your next stay.
Thank you very much in advance for a little reminder when making your next reservation!
We are looking very much forward to welcoming you soon again- best regards from Erfurt!

Reviewed December 3, 2017

I tried to book rooms online, but the hotel's system was problematic in October. I called the manager to get rooms at the prices advertised, but he wanted to take me for a ride, and offered me the same rooms that were on offer on the hotel's website at a more expensive rate.
I had visited the hotel earlier that week to check the rooms, and I was shown a room with no natural light, and the receptionist insisted that that was their best room. My conclusion is that they take foreigners for idiots. I will never book any room at this hotel for any of my family members. I booked at another hotel at the end.

Room tip: Chain and international hotels have a better service and management here.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom self-catering unit . The room was very well equipped , quiet and clean. The beds were comfortable and rooms were large.

The staff are extremely well trained and very helpful. Many thanks !

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelZumnorde, Manager at Hotel Zumnorde am Anger, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Dear guests,

Your review and the fact, that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Erfurt are highly appreciated. With pleasure we read your comment and shared it with our entire team- thank you very much! We are very much looking forward to welcoming you soon again and remain with best regards from Erfurt, Luise Gruener - Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 12, 2017

Thanks to all the staff at Hotel Zumnorde for their friendly and professional service. We enjoyed two dinners at the hotel restaurant, which is clearly also very popular with locals. The garden was the perfect place to listen to the Carillon concert from the nearby Bartholomaeusturm. I recommend planning your visit to coincide with one of these wonderful concerts!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelZumnorde, Manager at Hotel Zumnorde am Anger, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review- we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay!

We are looking very much forward to welcoming you soon again.

With best regards

Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Erfurt has a surprisingly nice Altstadt, and it's well worth a visit. Zumnorde is a good place to stay, the room was nice, the location central, and it has a good restaurant attached to the hotel. It is an old building and a bit of a maze, but there seem to be plenty of staff to help you if you get lost on the roof (easier than you imagine!). I didn't try the breakfast so can't review it.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
HotelZumnorde, Manager at Hotel Zumnorde am Anger, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review- your positive feedback is highly appreciated!
We are happy that you did not get lost during your stay- every vacation in our hotel makes it easier to find your way, so we hope for many more visits!
Meanwhile- all the best to you.

With best regards