“Good food, lovely ambience, snotty service”

Kostritzer Zum Guldenen Rade
Ranked #27 of 340 Restaurants in Erfurt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Great place to dine in summer, underneath old trees and centuries old buildings. Very picturesque. Food was good and fairly priced, large servings! Reservations recommended, the place is packed.

Alas, we, too, met the snotty waiter mentioned in other reviews. Man, not all tourists are your natural born enemies; some of us even used to wait tables once, just like you. He adjusted his attitude later on, but meh... one fine day, someone will pelt him with a Knödel ;-)

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Emmelina

Reviewed June 17, 2018

You can sit very nice open air inside. Go through the big Gate into the inner courtyard. Nice to sit here for a drink. We did not eat here!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

... the Klosse here are lovely and there’s generally a seasonal menu as well although not this time. The building is lovely, it’s in a great part of Erfurt, the food is good, the service is good and the prices not too bad either. I have been a couple of times and had the same thing as the only german style veggie option is klosse with spinach, the others are pasta!? Other than that it’s great for large groups or small which is perfect for evenings out with colleagues. I will go again I am sure.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Lovely building, good service and very nice food and wine. I had the local dumpling but the veggie one and it was really nice. I would go back here and perfect for large groups

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017

I hope it was traditional. Either way, I've been here a few times, and am always happy with my beer and food selection. I generally like to sit outside, and Zum Guldenen Rade has a great biergarten out back. The biergarten is very traditional and relaxing. I even like the bathrooms here, they are downstairs in the cellar, looks really cool! First, I recommend ordering a Kostritzer, my choice this time was the Pale Ale, it was amazing! For my meal I had the Thuringer Teller, which had a variety of meats and dumplings. I liked the bratwurst and even the sauerkraut. I highly recommend trying Zum Guldenen Rade.

Date of visit: August 2017