“Super little restaurant tucked down an alleyway just off the Fishmarket.”
Review of La Grappa

La Grappa
Ranked #32 of 340 Restaurants in Erfurt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Delightful little atmospheric Italian restaurant situated just off the Fishmarket with its wonderful medieval buildings.
Stared off outside as a very warm day but unfortunately started to,rain so ended up inside upstairs in a lightly cramped booth, but can’t blame the restaurant for the weather! Nice friendly staff. Enjoyed a plate of antipasti for 2 between all 5 of us with plenty for all and nice tasty selection and variety. For Main one of us had a nice Spaghetti Carbonara which was excellent. Another had the Saltimbocca which was also very good and then three of us really enjoyed the special which was a very simple but delicious Grilled Octopus tentacles presented on a simple cream sauce flavoured with lovely truffle shavings. delicious and reasonably priced wines made for a great evening. Had to get home otherwise I might have started trying the vast and interesting selection of Grappas but probably better that I gave them a miss as I tend to get carried away when I start on these wonderful spirits!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 20, 2018

I have to be honest, I had high expectations after reading these reviews. but unfortunately I was a bit disappointed. The food was ok, but not super neither. However, one thing that really bothered me was that after ordering my main dish they brought a plate with olives and bread (which is, in my country, usually for free) which I didn’t order, I ate 3 olives and left the rest. At the end I had to pay for this olives which I didn’t ask for. This feels like a trap to be honest. Therefore, I left with this bad feeling which explains my score.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times and the food is always really good. Mixed starters to share are amazing, pasta dishes are great but the fish soup is the nicest thing I have had there. That has to be tried for sure. It’s a nice atmosphere, good service, I will go back for sure.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 5, 2017

We had a nice dinner here. Huge starters plate for 2 persons. Steak was also very big and tasty. The waiter (older man) very attentive and nice.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2016

I have been to Erfurt on many occasions, yet never found a restaurant that I really liked...until La Grappa!! Friends and I arrived late and chose to sit inside rather than outside, although there were still several tables occupied, under large umbrellas, on a quiet street. The welcome was most friendly, as was the service, and the food was delicious, with a large selection of pastas, meats, fish and salads. We had a starter of antipasti that was varied and very tasty, and as a main course I had the Saltimbocca a la Romana, which was one of the best I have had. A great selection of wines was available, and when we left, all agreed that this had been a memorable experience that we hope to repeat soon at La Grappa!

Date of visit: July 2016