“best ice cream in town!!”

San Remo - Gelateria Italiana
Ranked #1 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Erfurt
Reviewed March 30, 2015

Simply the best you can get in Erfurt! A must every time we visit! Generously sized portions! The setting might be a bit cramped but the atmosphere is it worth

Date of visit: August 2014

Reviewed November 27, 2014

Good German ice cream parlours are probably the best in the world, and the San Remo is one of the best of the best. They offer an enormous choice, their ices look wonderful, and taste as good as they look. The coffee is excellent, too. There is some other food on offer, but we've never tried that. If you're in Erfurt near Christmas don't miss the special Weinachts Becher! The building is old - if you have the choice, sit in the lower area at the back of the building, a half-cellar with vaulted ceiling. At busy times you may have to queue for a table, but it's worth waiting. No matter how busy they are, we've always had excellent service.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

since its in my hometown I went there loads of time....I remember when it opened the Q was up to 2hrs but it was worth it. You get your order in a few minutes they have so many waitress and they so quick. The portions are huge and good value for the price. Ok I wouldn't say its the best ice cream I ever tasted but overall I can recommend this.

The only downside they don't have much space outside so it isn't the best spot for hot summer days as there is no view as its just a backyard in the shade

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I went there once with my friends and tried their ice cream, because my friend said it was the best ice cream in Erfurt. What can I say - nice service, the ice cream was okay, but wasn't the best I've ever had in my life. Tastes differ, you may like it a lot though. They have a lot to offer, so I'm sure you'll find something according to your taste!

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a nice ice cream shop located near the Domplatz in Erfurt. Here you will always find a line out the door in the summer time. There is a wide variety of ice cream and plenty of seating inside. They make spectacular ice cream displays with fruit and ice cream. Additionally they have multiple versions of spaghetti eis to choose from. This is vanilla ice cream put through a press, (come out looking like spaghetti), then there is strawberry jam/syrup on top and fresh strawberries. The dish is topped with shaved white chocolate pieces. It is one of my favorite menu items. The portions of ice cream are quite large and there are also "kinder" or children portions available for some things.

Date of visit: July 2012