“This ias a safe bet for an evening”
Review of Heinrich Boll

Heinrich Boll
Ranked #214 of 441 Restaurants in Lubeck
Reviewed February 16, 2018

Our kids love this place fot the food and atmosphere. We love it for the food and reasonable prices. Great salads. Try the Putensalad.

We have been here with friends, they look in the library, read some books, study the photos while we all wait for the food

Over the years, more than 10 visits. Always friendly and with a nice crowd

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank anders516

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

A beautiful old building with warped old polished floors, walls covered in illustrations and shelves full of books (Heinrich Böll was a Nobel Prize-winning liberal writer), could be a perfect old Kneipe/pub for an historic old town.

Weirdly, whoever has presumably relatively recently redesigned it, has chosen to cover the place in contemporary, and already outdated, coloured strip lighting (even the wooden stairwell) and recessed ceiling bulbs that just cheapen the place and take away the character.

On my visit service felt overly formal. Along with its swish modern bar, it basically feels like someone has approached this charming building, with its good food and Bier, and is running it as a pan-European Bistro-restaurant.

I’m glad we popped in, but in my opinion, let the building and the beer do the work. Less would certainly be more.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

I liked this place immediately walking into it. It was a very windy cold evening and it was a warm retreat with candles and very fine artwork. You could sit there I think just drink there were papers to read my boyfriend liked it too and the waitress bartender spoke near perfect English. We just had drinks so I cannot review the food there. Good place to experience German kneipe cultur. My boyfriend second day in Germany and he felt comfortable there glad we stopped in.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank ontgoMN
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Been here twice. Extensive menu, with a variety of cuisines, so not only German-style food. Ample portions, friendly service. English spoken.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

As always we visit when in Lübeck. The waiters are polite and the traditional food is good. The portions are laaarge. Situated in Altstadt.

Date of visit: September 2016