“Excellent food with super service ”
Review of Ristorante Gusto

Ristorante Gusto
Ranked #13 of 439 Restaurants in Lubeck
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel and also gets very good recommendations on TripAdvisor. And it is truly worth it. The service and food are excellent. We spent 3 hours here with starter, main course (we had 2 pasta dishes which were really tasty), wine and desert. And rounded of with caffe latte and cognac. All in all a very good experience with well deserved top character.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Very good food (pasta with beef and carpaccio pizza). The waitress was also friendly. Only minus point is that it took some time (45 minutes) before we got our food (it was busy, but not entirely full). However, it was definitely worth the waiting!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Went for diner to this place without reservation, luckily we could get a table on the terrace in the inside courtyard. It was a pleasant evening with a perfect meal and a nice bottle of wine. Staff was very friendely and helpfull with the menu. Meal was very tastefull. all in all a very pleasant evening dinner.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We had two evenings in a row a really nice dinner at Gusto. The food is great, the staff very friendly, so the overall experience in very good shape. The fish dishes I had (one evening Dorade and the other evening pike), were very well prepared and also the pasta dishes my wife had, very taste. The portion are very good. If the variety of wines could extend a little, this place would have the perfect combination of what you can expect from a full class Italian restaurant. Definitely recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 10, 2018

We made the mistake of bringing our 13 month old here, half an hour after his usual bedtime. He did not behave very nice, while he usually is very quiet, that is not the case when he is too tired. The first half hour went fine, but after that, it was not fun for either of us being there. Lucky for us, we where placed in a part of the restaurant where we did not disturb other guests when things went downhill.

Through the entire ordeal our waitress was super nice and professional, at one point she even shouted at the cook for not prioritizing the pizza for our son.

The food was good as well, although I must admit, there where to many shrimps on my shrimp pizza for my taste (should have stuck with my usual pepperoni), my wife had pasta which tasted really nice. And the best part: They have the most fantastic Riesling !

Due to my sons behaviour it was a somewhat stressful experience, but I would really love to come back with only my wife, and no kids.

Date of visit: May 2018