All reviews old city poor german small gym reasonable selection nice bar warmly recommend this hotel pool and gym nice hotel modern amenities spent one night here perfect english huge selection good sized rooms spare bed reception staff walking distance underground parking
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Beds comfy, shower great. Wifi free. Breakfast nice. Within 5mins walking distance to entrance gate of medieval lubeck. Receptionist very welcoming. Didn't get to use the pool but looked very appealing. Would return to the holiday inn.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I visit Luebeck regularly from the US on business and usually stay in a local B&B. I consider it a treat and a nice step up in comfort to stay here. As Holiday Inns go, this one is better than average. Very friendly staff. Though I speak poor German, the staff has always had good English skills - certainly better than my German. They offer good & free internet (better than most hotel wifi's), and comfortable good sized rooms with AC. A couple of quirks - as usual... the elevator is slow... and they get a lot of tour bus groups staying here - and there can be a back up for elevators in the morning and early evening. Timing is everything! The Kochwerk restaurant is good - a reasonable selection. Breakfasts include your basic continental breakfast as well as eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, etc... Typical fare. Parking is not a problem - yet. If the outside spots are taken, there is always the garage underground. Good choice of HD TV stations, including CNN and BBC... Beds are comfortable and a good selection of pillows, too.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

If you travel with children or dog, this is your place to stay!!
Most friendly and easy welcome in reception what i have faced, staff is smily, friendly, helpfull and fast, as we did booking just 30min earlier and everithing was ready for us!!
Including all for dog, own bed, watercup, snack and cushion!!!
Location of the hotel is great, just few minits walk from oldtown, where you have all the restaurants, artgalleries and small boutiques.
Breakfast is really good, as the food in the restaurant and there is a nice bar also, so you don't have to go anywhere if not feeling for that.
I have been this hotel already many times, but it just getting better every time, so my next stay will be here as well.
I can warmly recommend this hotel for short or long stay in lübeck.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights. Took 2 rooms with a connecting door.
Really nice hotel. Close to the old city center. Staff are nice, breakfast is great. Rooms looks good. Parking is available.
I definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We spent one night there on our way back to home. The staff is efficient but not very helpful...they advices us to park in the street a little far from the hotel, while there was a parking lot reserved to hotel guests...the restaurant is random, the room was clean an quaint, we slept very well, common areas are just brown and ugly. Breakfast was ok. In conclusion, this hotel is over priced, cehrtainly because they know that in the area it is difficult to find one at this period of the year.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luebeck, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Hi pchymko,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate your generous individual ratings for the room's overall level of comfort, it is regrettable to learn that you only found our hotel to be at its average best. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.