“Great Pizza but Expect a Wait”

Ristorante San Remo
Ranked #23 of 439 Restaurants in Lubeck
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Das italienische Restaurant befindet sich in der Lübecker Innenstadt in unmittelbarer Nähe des Holstentores. Auf unserer Sonnenterrasse hast Du einen wunderschönen Blick auf die historischen Salzspeicher und die Trave. Bei uns im Restaurant genießen Du italienische Gerichte wie Pizza, Pasta aber auch Fisch- und Fleischgerichte direkt in der Lübecker Innenstadt.
Reviewed September 24, 2018

We ate here twice for a variety of reasons having to do with other places we wanted to try being closed or too long a walk after being on our feet all day. The San Remo is just a five minute walk from the Atlantic Hotel and is among a line-up of restaurants on the Lubeck river front -- An der Trave. On our first night, we shared a bruschetta appetizer and a parma and mushroom pizza. The appetizer came promptly and was delicious. The pizza took too long and was delicious. Our second visit was similar except that the pizza took even longer, perhaps 40-45 minutes. Perhaps the pizza oven is too small for the volume of orders? Note that this is more a casual Italian restaurant/pizza place rather than a more serious Italian restaurant. Have a look at the menu before you go if you are concerned about what is offered.

Regarding the wait time, the waitresses were scurrying about as fast as possible so the slowness, perhaps long-since accepted by locals, would seem to be in the kitchen. The prices were reasonable. The Italian place next door has received enough negative TA reviews to put San Remo in perspective. Ditto an Italian restaurant just around the corner that we really wanted to try but avoided based on TA reviews. It was empty every time we walked by.

Be warned -- if you opt to eat outside (and the weather was gorgeous during our mid-September visit), you run a good risk of inhaling the cigarette smoke of other diners and of bother from yellow jackets. We ate in the dining room on our second visit.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I have patience.., BUT what I don't have is understanding for poor service when all I had ordered was a coke and a beer at 4 pm (no rush hour this time) But still we had to wait and remind our waitress that we were waiting, and her comment was - It is coming (really) so we quickly decieded that this place was not for us, and definately not for our dinner plans (my birthday dinner)

Date of visit: August 2018
Ristorante S, Inhaber at Ristorante San Remo, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am very shocked by the experience they have given us. Could you please tell me on which day you were at our place, so that I can talk to my waitress about the situation. I am very sorry that you have made this experience with us and can assure you that this behavior does not meet to our service standards.

I would be glad to receive a short e-mail. mail@san-remo-luebeck.de

Thank you!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Awesome outdoor seating options - half carafe is wine, dessert....super friendly staff! Lovely plates :) shady spots to watch the river - perfect place to take a break!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We had a nice lunch on the terrace next to the river. I had pasta with king prawns, and it was really delicious and seasoned perfectly with chili and rosmary. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing dinner at this place. The restaurant is located by the river which offers a really nice moment at sunset. The service is great and the food even greater (especially the pastas). They also offer a great variety of food (salads/pizzas/etc...)

Date of visit: July 2018