“Young, energetic and tasty!”
Review of Fangfrisch

Fangfrisch
Reserve a Table
Thu, 6/27
8:00 PM
Ranked #10 of 439 Restaurants in Lubeck
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant caught my eye in a recent review. Right opposite Lübeck historical harbour along the Trave river, the restaurant displays Hanseatic "charme" in a straightforward way with an easy to read mostly fish menu. Apart from full plates, one can also enjoy fish Sandwiches and tasty Fingerfood. We warmly recommend as we had the fish and chips and a marzipan mousse dessert. Already booked a table for July when we return for a concert in the Dom.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed January 16, 2019

I am always pleased to see a smaller menu - this usually means that the restaurant will cook a few items very well, and this was certainly the case here. Our party of two adults and three teens all thoroughly enjoyed our food. We had a sharing plate and a prawn cocktail to start, and I had fried plaice and home made potato salad as a main, which was delicious. There was also a decent, well-priced wine list. The desserts were tasty too.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

I liked that their menu was not too long, meaning that the restaurant is specialising on particular dishes. I had very rich fish soup and 2 bread slices with fish on them, dressing, colourful salad and slices of green apple and beetroot, super delicious and really filling. My husband had shrimp cocktail with avocado, salad and very interesting dressing, his backed fish was with delicious homemade fries. We had also 2 beers and in total it was 43 EUR. In my opinion it was absolutely worthy the experience and the food. I absolutely recommend Fangrisch and advise on booking a table in advance.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

So glad we stopped here for lunch. Everything was delicious, fresh, and filling. We had fish soup and salads. The large soup really was enormous. Perfect for a cold day. Service was friendly but not overbearing. Relaxing and clean ambiance. Definitely recommend to anyone wanting a well-priced, tasty meal.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2018

I am very impressed all around. I used to come a lot to Luebeck staying with elderly relatives - so my experience of dining here was of dark wood-panelling and very heavy traditional food. The Fangfrisch was a wonderful surprise this time!
All modern and Nordic, attentive service and an interesting menu that delivered tasty and creative dishes for a large and quite complicated group. Could not have been happier.
A big thank you to the kitchen as well - we arrived just before closing and they still served up wonderful food with a smile.
We'll be back for sure.