$104
$103
$197
$85
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$137
Agoda.com
$115
$105
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$86
$80
Priceline
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is fabulous. We arrived at 01:00 and even though the reception is only open until 23:00, we still received our keys. The system the hotel has in place for late arrivals is great. They have a "machine" outside next to the front door and all what is needed is to answer a couple of questions and a code has to be applied - voila, you have the key. Even though the hotel is in the town centre, it is very quiet. No noise from the outside - even with the window open - and you also do not hear any other guests.The rooms and the ensuites are very spacious and very clean. Storage space is plenty and there is also a safe in the room free if charge. The breakfast buffet is plentiful with a high amount of choices. The staff is very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much to ask. If you should be unlucky with the weather and it rains - don't worry, you can hire an umbrella from reception - again, free of charge. The hotel also offers underground car parking for €8 a day. Overall, this hotel is just great and we really enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be staying here again!!!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2016

The desk service started with an unfriendly arrival!
Later I asked for fixing the lamp over the room desk, but no real effort was put in from the start .....and maybe he would not have the bulb, he claimed! I asked for one then taken from another room with no vistors - just kind to showing him not to give up on customers, when his hotel was not working proberly!
The drinks in the fridge was warm. the fridge did not work and was replaced next day! The parking was expensive and had to be paid 8 Euro for a normaly free service in other hotels! The street outside was noicy and awoke me very early, and asking for another more quiet room the next night was not possible! Overall it was not a nice experience, and I will never have another stay there due to the unfriendly desk man who seemed without any education i hotel and service business! Also he did not want to serve a coffee for me at night since he had cleaned the machine and I even asked him an hour before and told him I would be back a little later!
The key system for doors is outdated!
Of course not everything was bad! The cleaning was excellent - the breakfast was fine even some croisants and fried eggs dry and being too long on desk! A Caffe Latte the first morning was not hot at all, but at another time, it was ok!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from noicy streets!
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank lillesoedal
Reviewed December 7, 2016

I booked two rooms together with a friend. My room on the second floor was much nicer and a bit more quiet than the room on the first floor. So,the quality of the rooms are between two and three stars I would say. Although for three stars certainly a cattle is missing, for tea or coffee in the morning. It would just be a cheap but perfect addition, to be able to have a cup of tea in the room in the morning..
The breakfast is OK, second morning the little croissants were even fresh. The omelets, fried eggs and sausages however looked like they had already been laying there a while...
But what I noticed as a big minus in this hotel is the lack of friendliness.The senior lady receptionist on duty on our departure on December 2 for example, should aknowledge the guests and greet the guests with a friendly smile and even say good bye when they are leaving ...Juts to give an example. Especially because she was a senior employee and should be therefore an example.
But the more unfriendly experience was on our first evening/night, at about nine we asked at the reception if it's OK to drink a coffee a bit later downstairs and the man/Receptionist said it is of course. At 22.15 we came downstairs to have a drink and a coffee. The receptionist said that unfortunately he cleaned the machine and cannot do coffee anymore(we asked for a machiato).I just could not believe that kind of unfriendly behaviour from a hotel employee towards a guest of the hotel. To be honest it was a bit embarrassing for me as a German to have to translate to my Danish friend what the receptionist just said. That he cleaned the machine and cannot do any coffee any more....
The reception and bar were supposed to be open until 23.00 !! I found so unbelievable unfriendly that I did not even think it was then worth to complain and continue to talk with him.
But too bad when one experience like that damages the good name of German Hospitality to the foreign guests.

Room Tip: Rooms are not quiet in the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2015

This reminded me of hotels I stayed at in Europe 20 years ago -- small monastic room, single bed, no air-conditioning, etc. It was fine (and the price was good) but nowadays I would expect more. Service was good and friendly; breakfast was nice. Wifi more or less worked, but for some reason you need to get a new password every day.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

Maybe more than 20 years out of date. And security is poor.

If you arrive by train or bus, stay instead at the Berliner Hof or Atlantic, which are nicer and only a two minute walk. I've stayed at both, and I liked them.

This time I stayed at Consul because the others were full. Arriving on the Kielius Bus from the Hamburg airport, I schlepped my suitcase ten minutes to Consul, which was was this time hard to find because scaffolding for maintenance hid their sign.

The rooms probably looked up to date in 1970. Today, however, the cabinetry, doors, locks, etc. look dated. Room doors lack deadbolts and use old-fashioned metal keys with heavy dongles, just like 1970. That's half my point re. Poor security.

The other half of my point is this:
Don't store your bag when you check out. There is no security. Here was my uncomfortable experience -- when I checked out I asked to store my suitcase. 'Just put it in that room over there by the entrance', the front desk said. So I did. That evening I came back, and a card game was going on in the storage room. My suitcase was not where I left it. The three retired men playing cards pointed at the opposite corner of the room, where they had moved my bag. Maybe I'm too fussy, considering that no harm was done, but I didn't like that at all. A stored bag should be kept well, and this hotel isn't serious about security.

On the plus side, everything is clean, and the wifi is decent.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business