“Super stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Beder, Denmark
“Super stay”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our spa and wellness stay was a succes at this hotel. It was a great stay, me, my mom and daugther had a very nice stay.The food,room and the spa was perfect. We all have a fantastisc stay and will love too get back soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 3, 2012

When I was a terrible experience behind had and finally from Rügen were we also stayed at the Hotel Birke. It was very pleasant.

When we arrived at the reception, my mother checked. Me and my aunt were sitting in a lounge. The hotel staff were very kind to us and treated us like kings.

When we got our key we were led to our room. That was too bad for words. There was no air conditioning, no bath and no regular arrangement. When my mother said that she was very unhappy and my aunt sent to the reception because the room was so bad that we got a new room! This was normal.

Only I was very dissatisfied with the decor of the room. The room had a TV in 2001. The bed was also very old. You could hire a new pillow. The best had a price tag of 65 euros. The shower was a small cabin. You had no shampoos or other small items. You had a pot of her shampoo and body wash and you had to do with it.

When we arrived at the pool we had to pay 10 euros per two persons. You got giveaway bathing shoes and bathrobe. I loved to swim. To the surprise that a woman herself sat and satisfy with jet stream (the water keeps running) and I went straight out of the water.

After the great disappointment I gained some valuable time familly got what I really appreciated. I am very confident to come back

Room Tip: If you have the same you get a bad room that you have not rented. Please report this to the receptio...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We found this hotel as a spare of the moment, 2 night stop when we decided our holiday wasn't over. It was nice, good wellness facilities, friendly staff (except for one older woman in reception) but maybe a bit sterile. We were travelling with two kids (2&5) and they were welcome. It is out of town though so there is nothing you can just go out for a walk and see or do.
The resaturant down stairs is very nice with pleasant staff but the dinner was very 'German' and not really to my taste. The young guys in the kitchen at breakfast were fantastic though and very helpful.
Other contributor's commented on the lack of English-language skills but I did not notice this at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Potchefstroom, South Africa
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nice and clean and there is really nothing to complain about. People at front desk was very friendly. I especially loved the small little forest just next to the hotel. My husband used the swimming pool and sauna (while I was working) and he enjoyed it very much. Breakfast was good and also the Fishers Fritz restaurant. Unfortunately there are no English channels on the TV and for someone who cannot speak German, it is quite bad (therefore the 4 out of 5). The only other point of critisism is that it is a bit far from town, but on the other hand - that makes it nice and quiet and peaceful and once you have sorted out the buses it's not a big deal. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nederland
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel before our trip to Norway. The hotel lies in a quiet part of Kiel. The room we had was great, with good beds and the bathroom was oke (shower in the bath). We eat in the restaurant and the food was good. The breakfast was great. We didn't use the wellness. We hired a bicycle to explore Kiel (we took a ferry to Laboe). The staff was very friendly and helpfull. We will stay again here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
stoke on Trent
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and although it is a pleasant and quiet hotel with a very nice Breakfast but it is expensive and we can rate it as 3 stars (not 4 stars as they mentioned).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Vejle, Denmark
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My boyfriend, my son and my daughter had a single overnight stay at hotel Birke, and it was a really lovely experience.

There was excellent service from the time we entered the door, and untill we checked out again.

It was coincidence that we found the hotel on hotels.com - and we were pleasantly surprised. Especially the restaurant was a great experience. Dinner was exquisite. And the breakfast buffet was sumptuous.

We would like to return one day and enjoy some wellness and luxury.

Kindly regards