“Buffet good Mongolian barbecue not”
Review of Wok Inn

Wok Inn
Ranked #105 of 201 Restaurants in Flensburg
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Waiter and system hard to understand
Buffet food was ok
Meat in Mongolian barbecue was not easy to chew
Price in the high end compared to quality

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

There is a very decent choice of dishes to choose from at this buffet. We were there for dinner and om top of the dishes available in the buffet they can also fry some of it for you (mongolian style). They have the most common types of Meat but also crocodile and kangaroo. The fish options are also good with salmon, sharkfish, octopus, schrimp and a couple more I did not know. Service was pretty Quick but communication could improve a little. They now also accept credit cards which is a bonus. Very reasonably priced at 15 euro for dinner.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2017

The food is great and I would give it 4.5/5 for the taste and the variety. The restaurant is full most of the time.

But the restaurant staff need to be more courteous. They speak only German and it is difficult to communicate. While I understand this is not their fault, What I cannot accept is how rude they are! They need to be tolerant to non-german speaking guests. My friends have completely avoided coming to this place because of some bad incidents. for example last time - While giving us our cheque - the waiter threw the bill on our table and this certainly was offensive indeed. We certainly don't expect such a behaviour from the hotel staff and there are few other good chinese restaurants though they are bit further away.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed April 17, 2017

First of all the service. the person whom greeted us at the door and took our orders 5 adults and 2 children, was rude and kind of angry.
But the others were nice and friendly.

The food is like other chinese buffets a lot of fried food and food with a lot of oil.
How ever the fresh produce part was a delight compared to other places. They had a more exotic variety, like big shrimps with head, clams, crocodile, kangaroo and fresh fish. So was very satisfied with that part, and a nice detail is that you have a clam with your table number on it, to clip on your dish. So when the food gets cooked they bring it down to you, so you don't have to stand up there a wait. very nice

The atmosphere were a little noisy because is was located in a hotel on the first floor, with an open balcony to the hotel bar/lounge place with loud music.

So after a day in neumunster outlet it was an ok place to wrap up the day and fill you empty stomach before driving back to Denmark.

Come here because of the price, the food is ok with the exotic twist. Will be back when i get around to germany again.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

They did not accept my Visa card because i was danish.

The waiter directed me to a bank which he told me had an ATM. The bank did not have one and I therefore had to journey through the streets of Flensburg to aquire some money.

When I got back, he took the cash and left. We waited 15 minutes before realizing that he had no intentions of coming back with our change. We had given him no indication of us wanting to give any amount of change at this point. We looked for him in the restaurant and after about 10 min he came back and when we asked for our change the waitor began to laugh at us hysterically. After staring angrily at him for a while, he finally understood that we were serious and he gave us the change back. Even when he gave us the money back he laughed at us.

I have never in my life been more annoyed and humiliated by any person in the service industry.

I sincerely hope that this restaurant would implement the slightes shred of service mentality. However, the only problem is that I will never find out, because I will never return to that place.

Date of visit: February 2017